GEN 1 Windshield light bar installation.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I recently purchased a 54 inch curved light bar to mount on my 2013 screw raptor. The light bar came with both types of mounts but did not come with any installation instructions. I have looked online trying to find measurements on where to mount them but no video or printed materials show any measurements for the raptor. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

McGrath4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I recently purchased a 54 inch curved light bar to mount on my 2013 screw raptor. The light bar came with both types of mounts but did not come with any installation instructions. I have looked online trying to find measurements on where to mount them but no video or printed materials show any measurements for the raptor. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Don't use the brackets that came in kit. Reach out to rogue or svc for windshield mounts that are designed for the raptor.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Raptized

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't use the brackets that came in kit. Reach out to rogue or svc for windshield mounts that are designed for the raptor.

Good luck!

I ordered specific brackets to fit the raptor and they lay sweetly into the grooves on the sides. I'm just not sure at what height to mount them. Is it personal preference? Is it just above wiper clearance?

McGrath4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reach out to the manufacturer for instructions. Do a google image search for "ford raptor windshield light bar" to help see what looks best.

OP
OP
Raptized

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reach out to the manufacturer for instructions. Do a google image search for "ford raptor windshield light bar" to help see what looks best.

I have and am awaiting a response. The best thing I could find online was from add and it said measure up 20 inches from windshield fender junction to the bottom of the bracket but that seems a little low to me.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if its a rigid rds, i did the 20" from the bottom of a-pillar and it worked out great. the light is just below the roof line. there's slight contact with the right side wiper, but i took a grinder to the very end of the plastic on the wiper blade and there's no contact now.

OP
OP
Raptized

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you do with your wire? Did you run it inside the pillar or down the weather stripping? Is there any other options for the wires?

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What did you do with your wire? Did you run it inside the pillar or down the weather stripping? Is there any other options for the wires?

i ran a bead of silicone down the passengers edge of the windsheild and pressed the wire into it. my buddy cut his weatherstrip open and ran it inside the pillar, so you could go either way.