Windows InOp!!!???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Started my truck up tonight and started driving home. Pulled up to the mail box and could not open Driver's or Passenger's Front windows. Rear Windows (SuperCrew) did open.

Tried multiple times and didn't work. (Just to clarify, I hadn't started drinking yet - :peace:) I pulled into garage and turned ignition off and then back on and windows worked?

WTF?

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Started my truck up tonight and started driving home. Pulled up to the mail box and could not open Driver's or Passenger's Front windows. Rear Windows (SuperCrew) did open.

Tried multiple times and didn't work. (Just to clarify, I hadn't started drinking yet - :peace:) I pulled into garage and turned ignition off and then back on and windows worked?

WTF?

I have an occasional issue also. Usually the passenger side will go down but then does not want to go back up. A firm WHACK with the left fist on the drivers switch panel usually fixes it. Just yesterday my drivers side did it, wouldn't go down. Tried a few more times and then no issue.

Probably a funked up connector at the door panel.
BDRAG

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I had to give a $50,000 truck a firm whack to get a simple electric motor to work, I'll be giving my service adviser a firm whack soon afterwards.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I have an occasional issue also. Usually the passenger side will go down but then does not want to go back up. A firm WHACK with the left fist on the drivers switch panel usually fixes it. Just yesterday my drivers side did it, wouldn't go down. Tried a few more times and then no issue.

Probably a funked up connector at the door panel.
BDRAG

You handle problem solving just as I do!

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
If I had to give a $50,000 truck a firm whack to get a simple electric motor to work, I'll be giving my service adviser a firm whack soon afterwards.

Hey, whats worse, a siple WHACK or having a 35 year old mechanic with 2 weeks experiance ripping your door panel apart? AHhaaaaa. I will play WHACK A MOLE till that either fixes it or makes it break so they know what to fix! AHhahaaaa.

My 04 Fx4 had the lights on the door switches on and off for most of the trucks life. If they were out a WHACK would usually fix it. When I traded it off the controls had one light out and that was all that was wrong. Well sept for the last 3 years the odometer and temp info display in the dash woud blnk when it was over 90 degrees out. Never did anything to that either. Don't want a mechanic chasing his ass with my electrical grimlins. HAhahaaaaaaaa.

BDRAG

giffordt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

WTF?

Same thing happened to me last Thursday...front passenger window was in-op for the morning commute to work. Started her up in the afternoon and she has worked fine ever since.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
maybe the wiring harness that runs under the seat supplies power to the windows and it's a little loose. maybe when your seat moves back and fourth from its memory position when you shut the truck off it moves the harness. my mirrors wouldn't work and this was the case for me.

Banned
Reaction score
In my old ride I had an issue with windows to. Sometimes it would go down, but not up etc.
The wire going to the motor had a loose connection. Depended how you shut the door as to if it would work or not.

Just a thought. Although it was an old vehicle so that probably had something to do with it.

-Sent from my iPhone