Window water marks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay, I tried vinegar like the internet said, ********!! Tried steelwool and any vertical windows it worked fine, but my sunroof is now still stained but you can't feel the marks anymore, I have rainx all the windows now, wow are they ever clear. I can live with the sunroof a bit stained, maybe I need more elbow grease or I'll try the claybar next time.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The auto glass shop that I go to uses only SOS pads leaving as much soap as possible or replaces the pads once the soap finished and lots of water, rubbing gently
They said don't use Brillo as it can scratch the glass.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Griots Garage sells a rubbing compound for glass that they call Glass Polish. Works great. I've only had to do it by hand but they also sell a pad for a motorized buffer to use with it.

Used it with a rotary buffer on some shower doors that had terrible hard water build up and in 5 min they were perfect.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am told of a product that comes in a tub called AMAZ. True Value Hardware may have it - that's where a store clerk told me of it - but he didn't have any in stock. He said it's so good that it sells out as soon as they get it in. I can't find the stuff, but he had high praise for it. He said it comes in a tub sort of like a metal polish. I'd buy some if I could find it.

renegadeagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bon Ami. In the cleaning section of your local supermarket/hardware store. A fine powder, use a damp sponge and a little elbow grease and the windshield will be cleaner than new!
Eddie