Wind noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that my 13' at highway speeds only has wind noise with the moonroof cover door open, close that if you have a moonroof and see if that helps.

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some wind noise from sunroof. It's actually quite loud as if it were open but it isn't. It's much quieter when I pull the sliding roof panel and close it.

Recently in my 13' I've been getting a bad wind noise at highway speeds. It seems to be coming from the doors, so I tried surgical tubing in the door seals with no luck. I now think it could be coming in from the door handles.If you put your ear up to the base of the window towards the back of the door is when you can hear it best. I have taken it to the dealer a few times for this and they have not been able to fix it.

The second time the dealer called after keeping my truck for 24 hours and told me that it was caused by the mirrors and if i folded them in it went away. I laughed and told them that was definitely not true. I then went to the dealership and got the service manager who supposedly drove my car, got on the highway, took it 100 mph and folded the mirrors in, and wouldn't you know the noise was still there.

When we got back to the dealership the service manager told me that he has a another 13' raptor coming in tomorrow and that we could test drive it to see if it has the same problems. I got up there the next day and drive it, and it does have some noticeable wind noise but not as bad as mine. The service manager told me that he would look into and get back to me. That was the beginning of last week and i haven't heard anything back from him. I have decided that the majority of people that work at this particular dealership are morons and would like to resolve this problem without them. So, my question for yall is simple, do any of you notice/have a wind noise starting around 60-65 mph? and if so, what can be done to fix it?

Thanks ahead!

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

I forgot to mention that prior to this i had an 11' raptor that was quiet as a church mouse all they to the governor.

boostfiend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My king ranch 2013 has a sound barrier windshield and that truck is dead quiet i can hear my hair growing maybe you should look into that

JCat27

Reaction score
Any fix for this? I am having the same issue in my 2014, dealer said its normal for a truck to be noisy. Its driving me nuts on the highway. Only happens w/ speeds over 65-70 :/ on the driver side

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any fix for this? I am having the same issue in my 2014, dealer said its normal for a truck to be noisy. Its driving me nuts on the highway. Only happens w/ speeds over 65-70 :/ on the driver side

Welcome to the forum, JCat27. You may want to consider getting a second opinion at a different Ford Dealership. Find some local options by entering your ZIP code here: Ford Dealers | Locate a Ford Dealer Near You | Ford.com How many miles are on your truck currently? What kind of noise are you hearing? I'll see what I can do to help.

Crystal

Fvlocal

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, JCat27. You may want to consider getting a second opinion at a different Ford Dealership. Find some local options by entering your ZIP code here: Ford Dealers | Locate a Ford Dealer Near You | Ford.com How many miles are on your truck currently? What kind of noise are you hearing? I'll see what I can do to help.

Crystal

Sounds just like me. I'm getting a bad wind noise coming from my passenger side. Dealership told me it's "normal" for a truck, but they clearly weren't listening to what I hear. It's very prominent on one side.