Winch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cobratodd

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a Smittybilt H2O 10,000# winch using a Rough Country mounting plate on their raptor? Did it fit with out mods?

Thanks for any info.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a Smittybilt H2O 10,000# winch using a Rough Country mounting plate on their raptor? Did it fit with out mods?

Thanks for any info.

You will have to do some trimming in the front bumper for the mount to fit correctly. The winch will fit fine, the 12k lbs would be a better option.

OP
OP
Cobratodd

Cobratodd

Reaction score
Yeah it’s the X2O, 10,000#.

Interesting neither of you had mods. I tried to get the mounting holes to line up on the RC plate/frame, but the winch hit the 1” tube cross member behind the front grille. It appear the winch holes in the mounting plate are 1” too far forward, keeping the plate from reaching the holes on the frame. It’s like the winch is jammd between that 1” tube and the cooling lines for the transmission. I try again tomorrow.

Thanks again for the support!

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 12,000lb X20 on my truck with the hidden mount. Mount and winch itself fit fine. The cover plate is a tad off and I did have to trim the bumper opening but it was rather waffled from hitting a deer in the first place so I'll chock it up to that. I was able to pull it out enough and do some trimming to get things to line up.

OP
OP
Cobratodd

Cobratodd

Reaction score
Okay, went outside this morning to investigate, turns out the 1” cross bar is part of the N-fab bumper the previous owner installed to this raptor. It’s not a factory cross bar. Looks like the only solutions are to 1) cut and relocate that stupid cross bar 1” over, 2) don’t use a winch or 3) find a factory bumper with all the correct missing brackets and supports.

The cost of buying secondhand.