Winch or No Winch??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tex

Tex

Reaction score
I started with the hidden winch mount and it worked fine. Now that I have an aftermarket bumper of my choosing I'd recommend just going straight to the bumper you like. Think about lighting too if it's a concern of yours.

which bumper are you running?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you already have the winch, I'd recommend moving it over and installing it. There are a significant number of bumpers available for the Gen 1 truck with winch provisions that still allow you to keep that pre-runner look. You also don't have the issues of the Gen 2 trucks with having to relocate the intercooler. So you're talking about less than $100 difference in cost for adding the winch provision to most bumper. In my opinion, I vote to go for it. Which bumpers are you looking at?

OP
OP
Tex

Tex

Reaction score
Now that I am really looking at bumpers and winch mounts and all that, I think i am going to go with the bumper first. I am looking to go with a bolt on front. I have looked at ADD, SVC, Lex and a few others. I am currently leaning towards the SVC baja bolt-on.

Are there more out there that stick with the pre-runner style that i may have missed?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Now that I am really looking at bumpers and winch mounts and all that, I think i am going to go with the bumper first. I am looking to go with a bolt on front. I have looked at ADD, SVC, Lex and a few others. I am currently leaning towards the SVC baja bolt-on.

Are there more out there that stick with the pre-runner style that i may have missed?

The ADD Race Series R is a good fit:

ford-raptor-winch-bumper.jpg
ford-raptor-front-bumper.jpg

The ADD Venom would work:

ford-raptor-venom-winch-front-bumper.jpg

The SVC Baja Bolt-On:

859b2c_cbe4860d3b4f44aeab290ea8129592fe.jpg

I'd say that these are your three best bets for a winch capable pre-runner style bumper. Please let me know if we can help put a package together for your bumper, lights, and winch!

OP
OP
Tex

Tex

Reaction score
The ADD Race Series R is a good fit:

ford-raptor-winch-bumper.jpg
ford-raptor-front-bumper.jpg

The ADD Venom would work:

ford-raptor-venom-winch-front-bumper.jpg

The SVC Baja Bolt-On:

859b2c_cbe4860d3b4f44aeab290ea8129592fe.jpg

I'd say that these are your three best bets for a winch capable pre-runner style bumper. Please let me know if we can help put a package together for your bumper, lights, and winch!

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it. At this point I am leaning towards the SVC.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am the guy with the "big and bulky" ADD Stealth bumper with the winch and every other option available. I live in NJ where deer accidents are pretty common. I would rather hit a deer (hope it does not happen) with this bumper than a snipped version.
As far as the winch goes, have not had a chance to use yet except last weekend helped my next door neighbor winch out a bulky stomp out of his yard that was impossible to cut out or get out by hand. Made the job ridiculously easy.
Again if you don't have the winch you are going to need it. Go all the way do not do it twice

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are any of those options “no cut”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of the bumpers posted are no-cut bumpers.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it. At this point I am leaning towards the SVC.

If you go that route, please let us know if we can help get you setup with a package deal on the bumper, winch, and any lighting.