Winch or No Winch??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tex

Reaction score
So i just bought a raptor a few weeks ago and am already itching to put on new bumpers. The biggest thing i am debating is to go with a winch bumper or not. I have the winch off my old truck.

So my question is, how many of yall out there wish yall had a front winch?

Thanks

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Planning to do a hidden winch behind the (for now) stock bumper. I think most of the winch capable bumpers out there are too big and clunky on a Raptor. My 2 cents.

Orionkhan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really just depends on how and where you use your truck. I have one on my rig. Have one on my wife's jeep too. We off road a lot up in mountains and some remote desert stuff. Haven't had to use one yet. But we have some close calls. And we try to avoid getting stuck or putting ourselves in a position where we damage something out in the middle of BFE.

OP
OP
Tex

Tex

Reaction score
I think the hidden winch mount is my current plan as well. I'm not the biggest fan of the winch bumpers i have looked at. I really like the look of the Pre-runner style bumpers but as soon as you start thinking about a winch, the style and look changes completely.

Reaction score
So i just bought a raptor a few weeks ago and am already itching to put on new bumpers. The biggest thing i am debating is to go with a winch bumper or not. I have the winch off my old truck.

So my question is, how many of yall out there wish yall had a front winch?

Thanks

what year? i am looking to buy stock rear bumpers! i am in NY ship or pick up if local.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Winch. Always a winch. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Winch. I've used the crap out of mine. Sometimes to free myself, sometimes to free other people. I've winched my own Jeep out of a bind and used my Jeep to winch myself out of a bind.

Did I mention to get a winch? You should get a winch.

OP
OP
Tex

Tex

Reaction score
Winch. Always a winch. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Winch. I've used the crap out of mine. Sometimes to free myself, sometimes to free other people. I've winched my own Jeep out of a bind and used my Jeep to winch myself out of a bind.

Did I mention to get a winch? You should get a winch.

Did you say get a winch? Well I have the winch, just need a winch bumper or the hidden winch mount.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you say get a winch? Well I have the winch, just need a winch bumper or the hidden winch mount.

I started with the hidden winch mount and it worked fine. Now that I have an aftermarket bumper of my choosing I'd recommend just going straight to the bumper you like. Think about lighting too if it's a concern of yours.

Last edited: