Will's LONG TRAVEL Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great LEX! Nothing wrong with mounting the bumps like that. Depending on the pressure in them, they can do the job of a sway-bar in that position. The owner will feel them tapping the lower arm all the time though. The LT kit on my old Ranger was set up the same way.

-Rob

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
makes sense. with the long travel it adds leverage and adds stress to the supports. very good idea

The shock mounts themselves are taller, there by creating a larger lever arm to twist the frame. If I unbolt my engine cage and jack the truck up and down, I can see the shock towers flex a little inwards.

Not a lot of travel before the front bump stop kicks in huh

That's an install error. They should be out further on the arm and engage in the last 20 % of travel.
Most lt kits are pretty loosy goosy about where and how to mount the bumps. Lots of them do end up mounted riding the arms close to the inner pivot. It's not the right way to do it though, especially for a truck that's going to get tuned and used properly. It screams "street queen" to those in the know.
William is having the mounts adjusted and I'm sure lex is taking notes.