GEN 1 Will this surface cause head gasket failure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I think that is their assembly lube or honing oil (insert @Oldfart here)

Thank God it blew the headgasket because those combustion chamber nick's would have absolutely made hot spots and the motor ping'ed itself to death.
Yeah, that head is trash. I was just focusing on the reason for gasket failure. A pic of the gasket would help tell the tale, hopefully.

OP
OP
Valky

Valky

Reaction score

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shoulda swapped in a good used JY engine. Cheaper and better than any rebuild.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the words and advice nonetheless. Can you tell me what additional parts I'd need if I ordered this cylinder head from tasca?
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-cylinder-head-asm-al3z6049a?c=Zz1lbmdpbmUmcz1lbmdpbmUmbD0xNSZuPUFzc2VtYmxpZXMgUGFnZSZhPWZvcmQmbz1mLTE1MCZ5PTIwMTEmdD1zdnQtcmFwdG9yJmU9Ni0ybC12OC1nYXM=
Description says "F250, f350 super duty. Right. Without cng/lpg prep pkg. F150. Without valves." so...I'd guess valves, springs, seals, retainers (#6-10), you should be able to swap over the rockers/rails, phaser, etc. Good luck and let us know, I agree with the consensus that the head is a paperweight...
Shoulda swapped in a good used JY engine. Cheaper and better than any rebuild.
JY? You mean SD?

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That head is definitely trash and should have NEVER been installed. I would look at small claims with those pictures I think you have a good chance to get all your money back. Those gouges will allow the compression and burning gases to be exposed to the head gasket which will continue to damage it until it fails. Let's not even discuss how it would affect your compression ratios, imbalance, and fuel mixes, someone said it best, what a cluster F. Whoever is "working" in that shop that said that was "ok" should be banned from ever touching anyone's engine.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

KOK JR

Reaction score
I would, at least, try to get the money back. At most you will have a claim for what you're spending now.
I own two automotive service shops. I am very reluctant to get attorneys involved in auto repair, but have been forced to a few times.
There is a company called Donan Engineering that does forensic testing of parts to determine cause of failure. If it came to it you could use them to prove your case in court, that the repairs to your engine were crap.
I know this sounds like overkill, but I'm guessing you're out thousands of dollars because of these con men.