GEN 1 Will this surface cause head gasket failure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey OP which head is that, seems like only the left is available for the f150, here is a complete head for the left side with rockers, etc, but very pricey.

OP
OP
Valky

Valky

Reaction score
This is... well, at best, unethical. that head is shagged. They don’t stand behind their work?
Sadly..no. It has been a horrible experience with this company. I purchased through a company called Engines and Transmissions of America. They are just a sales company so they deferred the work to another company called Promar Engine. The first time I got the motor back it had no compression in cylinder 5. Promar blamed the installation after I sent the motor back and would not back their warranty. ETA eventually mediated and paid Promar to repair the engine a second time and had it sent back. Now I have the head gasket issue and promar wanted me to send it to them once again, I said no based on what happened the first time. So I pulled the head and here we are.

OP
OP
Valky

Valky

Reaction score
Hey OP which head is that, seems like only the left is available for the f150, here is a complete head for the left side with rockers, etc, but very pricey.
It's the passenger side :(

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sadly..no. It has been a horrible experience with this company. I purchased through a company called Engines and Transmissions of America. They are just a sales company so they deferred the work to another company called Promar Engine. The first time I got the motor back it had no compression in cylinder 5. Promar blamed the installation after I sent the motor back and would not back their warranty. ETA eventually mediated and paid Promar to repair the engine a second time and had it sent back. Now I have the head gasket issue and promar wanted me to send it to them once again, I said no based on what happened the first time. So I pulled the head and here we are.
You were smart to not send it back to them, what a bunch of hacks! I guess you will have to get an f250 head, bare bones and swap all of your stuff over. I would caution though to have somebody with experience to check over the parts on your old head, maybe they aren't new, just saying.

OP
OP
Valky

Valky

Reaction score

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
What a cluster F. It looks like a spot of rust on that head where it should have been machined, you sure it's flat? Post up a pic of the gasket.

Edit to add, I'm no super mechanic, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What a cluster F. It looks like a spot of rust on that head where it should have been machined, you sure it's flat? Post up a pic of the gasket.

Edit to add, I'm no super mechanic, so take what I say with a grain of salt.
I think that is their assembly lube or honing oil (insert @Oldfart here)

Thank God it blew the headgasket because those combustion chamber nick's would have absolutely made hot spots and the motor ping'ed itself to death.