GEN 1 Will this surface cause head gasket failure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PD1744

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you using eCAT? I’m seeing AL3Z-6052-A; it’s labeled as a 14mm plug.
Nah. Just google. Wish I had something more comprehensive for sure. And now I'm worried about what plugs the machine shop did and didn't put back in, which sucks because the engine is pretty much put together. FML.

PD1744

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you both, the 3L3Z-6026-AA is one of the ones I already had, the head needs two of those on top like in my picture here. I have now ordered AL3Z-6052-A. The hole is smaller than 18mm, so 14mm sounds exactly right. I was going to have to get creative if I couldn't figure this out lol. I'm so excited to get my truck back together. View attachment 344663
Just looked through some pictures and looks like this one is there. Is this only on bank one or is there one on the other side as well?

OP
OP
Valky

Valky

Reaction score
Just looked through some pictures and looks like this one is there. Is this only on bank one or is there one on the other side as well?
Mine has a plug on the other side but it's further recessed in than the passenger side head. Hopefully that's how it's supposed to be lol, my "shop" obviously hasn't done the best job but maybe they got that part right. I'm actually curious how necessary they are, since I think it would just allow excess oil flow down into the timing cover if they weren't there. VideoCapture_20220302-204144.jpg

OP
OP
Valky

Valky

Reaction score
:) Update, part took a few weeks to come. It looks different than I expected, thought it was really interesting that it has a tiny oil channel that leads to the galley. I'm assuming it's supposed to dictate the flow of oil. Tonight I finished putting the new head on. Terrifying torque sequence. Also praying that my torque wrench angle feature is accurate but there's no way those bolts are going anywhere. I really took my time with a razor blade and plastic blade trying to prep the block which I hope pays off. I tried to make my own guide rods by sacrificing a plastic clothes hanger but due to the cramped space it was easier to place the head with only the dowels.20220421_215348.jpg 20220421_210950.jpgHere's a few pictures. 20220404_014134.jpg20220421_205742.jpg