Will these speakers fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BGCPrez

BGCPrez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
focal, jl audio, mosconi gladden, rainbow, hertz, arc audio, to name a few. the kappa series is fine for an upgrade, but to be honest, there are a lot of die hard infinity guys that swear by them. however they are many others out that sound better. they are good as a cheaper alternative and have no complaints about them, however we do not carry them.

I actually think the regular infinitys are not good at all but the kappas are something else. Im not desigining a show car but with the right amp and crossover you will get clean crisp sound that can get loud and give great mid to high range. Thats all I am looking for, don't recommend them for subs though......I'm all in on the jl's for subs. I used to have 2 12" w6 v2s....with the right box and amp thats some massively deep sound.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
focal, jl audio, mosconi gladden, rainbow, hertz, arc audio, to name a few. the kappa series is fine for an upgrade, but to be honest, there are a lot of die hard infinity guys that swear by them. however they are many others out that sound better. they are good as a cheaper alternative and have no complaints about them, however we do not carry them.

how about the jl x570 up from that model gets pricey.

metronyc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking to upgrade my sound system .i have Sony with nav , the sound is horrible .any recommendation for speakers and sub and anther components to improve it without taking the Sony head out .

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The size of the speakers in our trucks is actually 6X8 and 5X7 are small because they are smaller. Most manufactures offer a 5X7/6X8 combo speakers that will replace the factory speakers and fit exactly. However there are several companies that sell a bracket that adapt the oblong hole to fit a round speakers. This is the best choice for sound and offers the most high end quality speaker choices. I ran a stereo shop for almost 30 years and have been doing low voltage systems for almost 40. My premium line of home audio equipment starts around 50k and up. For these trucks you can get a decent sound starting around 2k and upwards of 5k easily. CSC sells focal which in my opinion are an excellent choice for great sound without breaking the bank. Buy separates if you can afford it to get the best sound...

metronyc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just receive proposal to upgrade my Sony sound system with this set up , any idea how good this set up ?

1 VIRTUS 602 MOREL 6.6 component system

1 SPR-68 ALPINE 6x8 Coaxial 2-Way Speaker

1 LC7 AUDIO 6 channel output converter/w

1 ACR-1 AUDIO Remote level/bass control

1 700/5 JLAUDIO 5 channel amp

1 POWER WIRE STINGER FULL AMP WIRING KIT

1 P-XW1000F KENWOOD UNDER SEAT SUB ENCLOSURE

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
first off, i do not like the idea of mixing speaker brands. if you are going with morel in the fronts, use them in the rear as well. what is with the bass knob? why not use the one made by jl for the hd amps? ditch the kenwood woofer for a jl. you will be much happier with it in the long run

metronyc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you for your input i will ask them to revise the proposal with your recommendation .
in this set up the asking price is $3200.

big4ever

Reaction score
Noah
You should give us exemple of good combo for our trucks.
Let's say for someone who has a budget of 2k
Another set up for a budget of 3-5k

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2