Will these speakers fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BGCPrez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

2004boss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
BGCPrez

BGCPrez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what the internet tells me yes. Ive always thought a round speaker produced better sound. I converted everything in my mustang over to 6.5" kappas. Kappa Perfect6.1 - Infinity
Noah will probably chime in he'll know more than me. I always like a round speaker, might be all in my head.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk now Free

I think for crispness and accuracy you are right but the tweeter will make up for crispness and since the door speakers are blocked by body parts I don't think the difference will be noticed. The way I see it the more surface area the louder and potentially deeper the sound. Either way they will both be a significant improvement. I just want to make sure they will fit without me having to cut anything.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
The factory speakers are 5 x 7. My JL 5x7s lined up perfectly to the factory screw locations but were just a hair smaller than the factory speakers. I remedied this by layering Dynamat around the opening/lip to create a nice air tight mounting surface. In other words, 5 x 7s will fit perfectly, 6 x 9s probably won't.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
correct. they are a 5x7 in the doors front and rear in our trucks. kappas are a decent budget speaker and will provide good sound at a good price.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
focal, jl audio, mosconi gladden, rainbow, hertz, arc audio, to name a few. the kappa series is fine for an upgrade, but to be honest, there are a lot of die hard infinity guys that swear by them. however they are many others out that sound better. they are good as a cheaper alternative and have no complaints about them, however we do not carry them.