Will regular raptor 35 in wheels fit the R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darkknight

Reaction score
Id like to go to 35 inch wheels. The regular alloy base wheels are lighter than the biead lock capable wheels. I worry about parking garages and I wish to reduce unsprung weight. Anyone else thinking of doing this?

OP
OP
D

darkknight

Reaction score
I’m a little confused it looks like the wheels are similar or the same? do the 37 inch tires go on the same size wheels? What I’m trying to do is reduce unsprung weight since I’m going to be primarily using the vehicle on road I want the off-road capability but obviously unsprung weight reduction will help with fuel economy and acceleration which are important to me

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m a little confused it looks like the wheels are similar or the same? do the 37 inch tires go on the same size wheels? What I’m trying to do is reduce unsprung weight since I’m going to be primarily using the vehicle on road I want the off-road capability but obviously unsprung weight reduction will help with fuel economy and acceleration which are important to me
Yes 35’s will fit on a 17” wheel.
Couple words of advice:

1. Don’t buy a R if you’re concerned about fuel economy.

2. There are other mods that you can do to increase acceleration versus swapping out for 35” tires. Going to a smaller tire doesn’t make sense. Are you going to be putting your 35” tires on 20’s or 22’s while you’re at it…?

3. Lastly if you’re just going to use it for street why are you buying a Raptor? To have as a Starbucks mallcrawler?

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever tires you have 35" or 37", your wheels are 17", say us please why you want switch, also why not...I don't think it's a question of MPG, I hope it's not , may just a question of ride feeling ?
And finally, if you want to stay on road whith your R and go to "starbuck" I don't care, you are free ! Enjoy you have an incredible truck !

OP
OP
D

darkknight

Reaction score
Whatever tires you have 35" or 37", your wheels are 17", say us please why you want switch, also why not...I don't think it's a question of MPG, I hope it's not , may just a question of ride feeling ?
And finally, if you want to stay on road whith your R and go to "starbuck" I don't care, you are free ! Enjoy you have an incredible truck !
Thanks for the response. As for the wheels yes they are 17 inch and I didn’t realize that it was the same size wheels. For my second generation raptor I was thinking about swapping to the bead lock capable wheels until I found out how heavy they are. I have experience with putting heavier wheels on the cars and definitely losing acceleration. I do want to have the off-road capability but obviously I drive more on the street like most people. I also go through a parking garage who has questionable height. That’s why I was thinking about maybe going with 35 inch. I realized looking at the website that 17 inch wheels came with either of these tire size that would make life simpler but other than the height of the vehicle I would presume that the weight of the bigger tires would only be marginal however unsprung weight reduction is still great importance to me. I considered buying magnesium wheels for one of my current vehicles but at $20,000 they were a little bit much. I definitely don’t care about miles per gallon I’m not gay. Or a Biden supporter. Although lowering the car would reduce fuel consumption. The fuel consumption doesn’t matter to me my previous raptor was the super cab so I had a smaller fuel tank but when I get the R it will of course have the larger fuel tank for my long highway trips. I have tried things like it electronically folding the mirrors on my highway runs but it’s not really worth the hassle. I’m mostly concerned about overall height second issues acceleration so not really boils down to which tires are heavier and how it would affect speedometer calibration

Last edited:

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Yes 35’s will fit on a 17” wheel.
Couple words of advice:

1. Don’t buy a R if you’re concerned about fuel economy.

2. There are other mods that you can do to increase acceleration versus swapping out for 35” tires. Going to a smaller tire doesn’t make sense. Are you going to be putting your 35” tires on 20’s or 22’s while you’re at it…?

3. Lastly if you’re just going to use it for street why are you buying a Raptor? To have as a Starbucks mallcrawler?
SLANDER AND BUCKS BULLYING!!

AFF7F3FC-80AA-49C5-850D-A1893CB258ED.jpegFA3891AA-25F1-4DF3-AC61-7E47623091E2.jpegD9037C40-079E-4166-823C-D1A76A7B8E49.jpeg9C023CF2-1EE7-4357-8DBA-4909DE3AD790.jpeg