Will Raptor prices come down with R released.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i think 801s will still be sought after as the performance/value is very high, and a lot of folks are gonna be out on these trucks once they are over $100k...

Dadlife

Reaction score
You have to account for dealer allocations.
Each dealer gets X amt per year. I mean think about current Gen 3 vs 37 package Gen 3 availability.
I have a 22 37 package, and am on allocation for the R.
I was talking to my dealer (fleet acct) and he was saying that its gonna be tough to get an R unless you wanna pay for it. Some dealers are gonna be limited to 1-4 per year.
And they can either let a customer order, or, order themselves and markup.
To assume the markup will mirror the Gen 3 is a bit conservative. I could see a 45-50k market adjustment in these.
At that point, I say buy a TRX, and swap out the suspension. Youll still save 50-60k.

That being said, i dont see it hurting the V6 market in the slightest. Especially with current fuel prices. TRX was averaging 7.8mpg, while fun, it was costing more than it was worth at that point. I love my Gen 3, and honestly will probably flip the R when it comes in. (Hope my dealer isnt on the forum) lol

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see it effecting much. in the near future. if they start to boost up the production numbers for 24' and 25' then maybe a negligible amount. And if they go to hybrid or ev version then all gas versions will maintain their value for a long time.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I love all the various Gen Raptors but glad I purchased mine for roughly $6,500.00 under MSRP.

I actually paid MSRP but they I was able to negotiate $6,500.00 more for my 2014 F150 FX4 than what the trade in value was, so...

Don't really know if I would have saved more money in taxes if I'd have paid $6,500.00 below MSRP and receive a fair market trade-in value or not.

It was the last day of February 2019 in the evening and I was really tired that day from working a lot of previous overtime.

Never really gave much thought afterwards.

eddy20

Reaction score
I dont think so with the R costing so much; in fact the high may make the used Raptor's increase in value.

2thfixr

Reaction score
Raptor R is more limited and will have a bigger ADM so regular Raptor prices with ADM will still be a relative bargain. Same thing happened with the GT350/R. The R was selling for $100k+ and the GT350 was selling for $70k but they only had a 10k difference in MSRP.

I ordered a regular Raptor in Code Orange a couple months ago for Aug build. Ordered a R today in Avalanche.... going to be interesting having both for a bit.

OP
OP
melvimbe

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not in the current market. Your comparison is not apples to apples. You aren't figuring the ADM on the R, and don't forget 109k is the base price as well.

I did factor in ADM actually. Yes, I said that the Raptor with ADM happens to be going about the same price as MSRP for the R, but I don't think anyone who can get the R at MSRP (if you have connections or whatever) wouldn't also be able to get the regular Raptor at MSRP.

Then add in the fact the numbers will likely be more limited than the Ecoboost Raptors, and I don't see it affecting current prices much. The only thing that will affect current pricing is for supply and demand to tilt more favorably towards the consumer.

Yes. I just wonder if some folks will be out of the market entirely because they want the best (like that guy you know who always gets the most expensive entrée on the menu) whatever it is. If the best is obtainable, they don't will just go get a hummer or something.

It probably won't effect Raptor prices much, but I wish it would. I guess there will be a bit more used Raps to be had out there, since many of the R buyers already have a Raptor.