Will Raptor have another 3 year break before gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say that with the following the raptors have and the rate that they sell, it's a sure bet that there will be a GEN 3. Hell, many people pay well over sticker to purchase them. I would also expect there to be a delay as it also creates a "re-interest" in the new model design which is usually shortly after you start to see them on the roads. There is also little competition and it really has a strangle hold for people looking for a raptor like truck. GM and Dodge have nothing like it, Toyota and Nissan either. Nobody competes with the Wrangler for the same reason. It is an exclusive market and they own it.

Dachuri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just think Ford will stick to their guns and push the hell out of the v6 twin turbo ecoboost.

Agree. The EcoBoost platform has been core to Ford’s playbook pretty much since CAFE came along. Like any competition though, the enemy gets a vote, and this is the first time anyone has made a real move to take share in the small market segment Ford virtually created with the Raptor. It’ll be interesting to see how - or if - Ford reacts to the TRX.

The “cheese” as they say, will no longer stand alone.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just think Ford will stick to their guns and push the hell out of the v6 twin turbo ecoboost.

You're probably right.... BUT Ford has EB 4 bangers and EB V6's no reason why there can't be an EB V8... A 4.0 TT V8 sounds pretty sweet to me.

I do think Ford will have to have an answer to the Rebel TRX if it indeed comes out. RAM has already taken a huge lead in terms of interior fit and finish with the latest generation. While it's quite common for the big 3 to trade blows on who's the best at different aspects, I don't think Ford will want to give up both the Interior fit/finish AND the performance crown up to RAM.

I don't think the question is "IF" Ford will respond, I think the question is "When and how"