Will Method 0mm offset wheels rub?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elMechanic

Reaction score
If you are at factory height, plan for it to rub a bit. If you are on mid perch, it still might rub while off-roading. I would recommend 8.5" with 6 offset or 9" with 12 offset for a more flush look without rubbing.
I am running methods with factory size mickey Thompson’s and I rub, both at full compression and while turning and articulating.

There are a few things to consider when considering how bad you will rub. I am running about 5 degrees of positive caster, if I recall correctly, and that pushes the top of the knuckle back which results in more rubbing. Another thing to consider is that how much of your travel are you using. Mid perch might be enough if you aren’t using much of you travel, but if you go full compression it doesn’t matter what perch/coil adjustment you are on. I have a few light cracks in my fenders up by the A pillars and am missing most of my push pins that hold the fender flare on.

Note that I have been for compression more than once......

I’m riding out 35’s and stock fenders until I decide what front end setup/track width I want to go with so I am not buying fenders more than once.

I see, thanks for sharing

I am running upper control arms from BajaKits and Eibach spring on stock shock (give mid perch height) with stock fenders
TBH, loads of people have the methods, and I don't like methods because everyone has them, nothing unique about my ride if I go with too .. that is why I am considering different designs/looks from other manufacturers .. 2 of the wheel I am considering, are from Black Rhino.
1st is 17x9 0-offset
2nd 17x9.5 6-offset

which I think will give approximately 40mm of tires outward peaking

thanks for sharing will look into them, might change my view

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No they are 8.5" for sure. They do stick out an extra 1.5" approx. compared to stock setup.

I don't dispute what you are saying, but I went the cheap route on my 2017 (I now have a 2019 with Geiser springs up front and Deaver+3 in the rear) and bought 1.5" BORA wheel spacers and I had to trim the really soft plastic on the inside of the front wheel well to prevent rubbing. It only took about ten minutes per side and it wasn't a big deal, but there was some rubbing.