Will it be faster than a TRX???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As we’re kicking these trucks around, it is interesting to note test claimed weights are calling the Raptor 600 pounds lighter.

that’s huge! Like a couple dirt bikes and gear in the back huge.

horsepower differences are better expressed as weight / hp. In which case the current Raptor looks much better.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
This is impressive. The TRX will eventually have tunes available, where the speed limiter is lifted as well. The 6.2 hellcat has lots of room for growth. I can confirm this just by comparing my TRX to my Redeye Challenger. Night and Day difference in performance between the two. My challenger will plant you in the seat thru 180mph. I have no doubt that an unlocked TRX will show huge performance gains. Just like my MPT tuned raptor did.

How is it impressive? It was not a race from a dead stop.. they were both rolling along around 20 MPH before stepping on it.

Also does not show what mode the TRX is in, or whether or not the TRX driver really "tried" to win, etc.

But LOL in general at anyone trying to compare a tuned/upgraded vehicle against one that is COMPLETELY STOCK WITH WARRANTY INTACT.

Seriously. Want to compare a modded Raptor against a modded TRX? Guess who's going to win that one?

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I currently have my second gen 2 and have a gen 3 on order. Today I drove by a lexus dealer that had a black TRX and I stopped to see it. They offered to let me drive it so I had to do it, and to be honest I am highly considering canceling my gen 3 and buying it. It was a beast and the interior was awesome. I love raptors but that TRX was alot more exciting than I was expecting.

damn it DAVE.

lol.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
horsepower differences are better expressed as weight / hp. In which case the current Raptor looks much better.

Raptor (current) = 5600/450 = 12.45
TRX = 6400/702 = 9.12

I don't think the current Raptor looks better like that. Agree that weight matters, but the impact of weight and HP are not equivalent.

But it is worth noting that it's easier to add more HP to the Raptor (with some weight increase) then it is for the TRX to drop weight. If the R's V8 adds 200 lbs (5800), the R would need only 635 HP to match the TRX in weight/hp.

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TRX = 6400/702 = 9.12

I don't think the current Raptor looks better like that. Agree that weight matters, but the impact of weight and HP are not equivalent.

But it is worth noting that it's easier to add
TRX = 6400/702 = 9.12

But it is worth noting that it's easier to add more HP to the Raptor (with some weight increase) then it is for the TRX to drop weight. If the R's V8 adds 200 lbs (5800), the R would need only 635 HP to match the TRX in weight/hp.
TRX = 6400/702 = 9.12

sorry. we’re saying same thing but getting crossed in internet land.

i meant that by looking at weight/hp, the raptor looks better compared to trx than the absolute hp difference would indicate.

not that on a weight/hp raptor would put up a bigger number.

thats power. i wonder how successful ram was in hiding that weight. delta v and all that.

:)

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is it impressive? It was not a race from a dead stop.. they were both rolling along around 20 MPH before stepping on it.

Also does not show what mode the TRX is in, or whether or not the TRX driver really "tried" to win, etc.

But LOL in general at anyone trying to compare a tuned/upgraded vehicle against one that is COMPLETELY STOCK WITH WARRANTY INTACT.

Seriously. Want to compare a modded Raptor against a modded TRX? Guess who's going to win that one?
That doesn’t make it not impressive for the Raptor. But a tuned TRX will walk it. I know, because I have one.