Will it be faster than a TRX???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
True. But when your down to what 7mpg now, is 4-5mpg even doable? LOL. It would have to be a local hobby fun truck for sure. I would think if Ford goes Predator and matches or beats the current TRX they will be done with it. Anymore and Ford can let FCA go with it. The truck then becomes not totally what it was intended for. Ford will have there V8 to please the masses and still run with FCA.

Where are those Viper trucks now?

Honestly I don't think the Redeye does any worse on fuel than the standard Hellcat. At least not from what I've seen on the Hellcat Forums.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly I don't think the Redeye does any worse on fuel than the standard Hellcat. At least not from what I've seen on the Hellcat Forums.

Eh what’s dropping another mpg when you already committed to low mileage LOL.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Smiles per Gallon, not Miles per Gallon.

That said, I’m still pleasantly surprised with how zippy the Raptor is while yielding good fuel economy.

Oh yeah LOL. I was talking out of my pocket book vs my head! I’m sure you would be smiling.

Can’t beat the range of the Raptor really. Over 500 miles per tank on average. Love that. Even if you get on it a bit, your average is still good. Nice power, hey the Raptor is a good all around package. Who buys a Raptor for mileage? Uh.....it’s just a bonus you get.

Had a Hemi, good for 11mpg combined. Sucky mileage, half way decent power for what it was. Kept it for several years. Powertrain but for the rear end was solid. Raptor still way way better in most every way.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Oh yeah LOL. I was talking out of my pocket book vs my head! I’m sure you would be smiling.

Can’t beat the range of the Raptor really. Over 500 miles per tank on average. Love that. Even if you get on it a bit, your average is still good. Nice power, hey the Raptor is a good all around package. Who buys a Raptor for mileage? Uh.....it’s just a bonus you get.

Had a Hemi, good for 11mpg combined. Sucky mileage, half way decent power for what it was. Kept it for several years. Powertrain but for the rear end was solid. Raptor still way way better in most every way.

Below is my last truck, a 2012 Power Wagon with the 5.7L Hemi and 4.56 Gears. It was a great truck, but it was thirsty! I honestly can’t say one bad thing about the truck, it never let me down.

That said, the Raptor is a whole different world. The power out of the EcoPoop still impresses me, the ride quality is a lot better, the interior is way better than my 2012 (Ram updated the interior in 2013), and 500 miles of range is nothing the Power Wagon would ever dream of seeing.

5E7E7626-BAA2-4ECE-9775-D576964C66FB.jpeg

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Below is my last truck, a 2012 Power Wagon with the 5.7L Hemi and 4.56 Gears. It was a great truck, but it was thirsty! I honestly can’t say one bad thing about the truck, it never let me down.

That said, the Raptor is a whole different world. The power out of the EcoPoop still impresses me, the ride quality is a lot better, the interior is way better than my 2012 (Ram updated the interior in 2013), and 500 miles of range is nothing the Power Wagon would ever dream of seeing.

View attachment 160646

Big rig! That Hemi had a lot to push around. No complaints here about the Hemi, I put almost 200k on one and no issues. The rest of the truck before 100k needed several items replaced. But was reliable just the same.

The “Ecopoop” makes me smile! LOL

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Big rig! That Hemi had a lot to push around. No complaints here about the Hemi, I put almost 200k on one and no issues. The rest of the truck before 100k needed several items replaced. But was reliable just the same.

The “Ecopoop” makes me smile! LOL

I’ve called it the EcoPoop for years. It makes me giggle.