Will it be faster than a TRX???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh I think I am. 4.5 advertised to 3.7 is major. I would have sold it at 4.0 flat then. Surely would turn on the street power scene more.
Right because thats what would be the deciding factor and would move the needle for the potential buyer on the street scene . Ram advertising 4.0 really loss a few of those buyers lol

The mere fact that Ram came out with a 702HP truck with a V8 was all ppl needed to hear, nobody that was planning on buying one gives a damn about it being 3.7 or 4.5.

it makes perfect sense for Ram to sandbad but then against I prefer to get my numbers from the street and not a magazine article. Too many factors into how they got that time from time of year to weather to elevation etc etc

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right because thats what would be the deciding factor and would move the needle for the potential buyer on the street scene . Ram advertising 4.0 really loss a few of those buyers lol

The mere fact that Ram came out with a 702HP truck with a V8 was all ppl needed to hear, nobody that was planning on buying one gives a damn about it being 3.7 or 4.5.

it makes perfect sense for Ram to sandbad but then against I prefer to get my numbers from the street and not a magazine article. Too many factors into how they got that time from time of year to weather to elevation etc etc

True, in how they achieved those numbers are something we would be curious to know.

This is an off road truck. But we also know there are plenty of folks that are interested in the speed of it and if you hang around here long enough. It’s discussed quite about in regards to the Raptor. Just saying.

And yes all those people literally dying for the V8 got there wish. A desert runner with one. Still can’t understand why those people who are against the V6TT even purchased a Raptor to begin with. It’s not 700HP, but the truck is a great mix of alot of things.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True, in how they achieved those numbers are something we would be curious to know.

This is an off road truck. But we also know there are plenty of folks that are interested in the speed of it and if you hang around here long enough. It’s discussed quite about in regards to the Raptor. Just saying.

And yes all those people literally dying for the V8 got there wish. A desert runner with one. Still can’t understand why those people who are against the V6TT even purchased a Raptor to begin with. It’s not 700HP, but the truck is a great mix of alot of things.

agree with everything you said , and don’t take my sarcasm to heart as some do on the interweb, I dish it and I can take it as well, on the web and in real life now back to our regularly schedule programming.....

I agree with your post and for those who just care about have 6478574hp with a V8 sound hey if you like it I love it but for those of use who want it all I feel a H.O powerboost is the way to go. I feel only thing it won’t best a TRX in is sound. I feel it would be fast , and get better MPG and have more useful features for off roading.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
agree with everything you said , and don’t take my sarcasm to heart as some do on the interweb, I dish it and I can take it as well, on the web and in real life now back to our regularly schedule programming.....

I agree with your post and for those who just care about have 6478574hp with a V8 sound hey if you like it I love it but for those of use who want it all I feel a H.O powerboost is the way to go. I feel only thing it won’t best a TRX in is sound. I feel it would be fast , and get better MPG and have more useful features for off roading.

The sound the sound LOL. I know many gotta have it. I learned to enjoy the stupid sound of the 3.5TT. I just like the fact, when I open it up it does scream in some fashion. I can imagine how horrid it sounds on the highway to others and just laugh. I have a V8 project in the garage, so I can always go there for outrageous V8 noise, with a lumpy solid race roller in it.

Sure something inside of me wants to see Ford come back and take on the TRX in the HP wars, with V8 vs V8. But in ways I will be disappointed if they have a base Raptor with a slightly upgraded 3.5TT non PB. I’d like to see Ford beat the Raptor and make it look old with some high tech machine. The PB would have been nice. And also get a generator? LOL. Sure weight is a concern and maybe that’s a serious consideration. Also people jump the Raptor. Will batteries hold up? Etc.

Ford just may take us into a BEV Raptor probably. A hybrid now would be interesting!

OP
OP
1BAD454SSv2

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the press trucks that were getting sub 4 seconds are ringers, or HP is way understated. Until one gets on a dyno , just speculation. Sub 4 seconds for the weight is impressive.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Something to keep in mind regarding the HP war. If Ford comes out with a Supercharged V8, don’t forget that Ram still has access to the Redeye Motor. I don’t think the HP war’s are over just yet.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the press trucks that were getting sub 4 seconds are ringers, or HP is way understated. Until one gets on a dyno , just speculation. Sub 4 seconds for the weight is impressive.

Funny you mention that. It was Car and Driver or another rag who had a test day and put the engineers on the spot and said it a this a red eye engine in here. Of course they said no.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Something to keep in mind regarding the HP war. If Ford comes out with a Supercharged V8, don’t forget that Ram still has access to the Redeye Motor. I don’t think the HP war’s are over just yet.

True. But when your down to what 7mpg now, is 4-5mpg even doable? LOL. It would have to be a local hobby fun truck for sure. I would think if Ford goes Predator and matches or beats the current TRX they will be done with it. Anymore and Ford can let FCA go with it. The truck then becomes not totally what it was intended for. Ford will have there V8 to please the masses and still run with FCA.

Where are those Viper trucks now?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I think this is true for now, but only because TRX beats everything else in HP and 0-60...right now. It may matter if the Gen 3 comes out and tops one of those two numbers. For example, if Gen 3 comes in at 650 HP, but do to less weight, comes in at 4.2 seconds. That would be lost bragging rights for the TRX. Or what if the Gen 3 comes in at 720 HP, but is still slower than the TRX somehow. It will matter then.

Granted, it's likely to be so close that environmental conditions are going to be deciding factors, and other features in the truck will matter more.

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not true. If the only engine offered in gen 3 is a blown V8, I won't be buying one. Ever. I could afford a single-digit mpg, but I can't tolerate a 250 mile range.

Amen brother. One of the Raptors best attributes is a 500+ mile range. A comfy ride, roomy cab and grocery getter utility are an added bonus to the overall ultimate bad-a$$ truck rating..:)