Will it be faster than a TRX???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordTechOne

I have seen the megazilla ( 7.3L with heads and cam) make 641Hp and 550TQ .......what are the chances of this version making it into the Gen 3 instead of the predator motor?

I am probably in the minority but if there is going to be a V8 in the Gen 3 I would prefer it be a NA V8. My over all preference would be a powerboost

Not likely at all. The Predator engine is already developed, it wouldn’t make financial sense to develop a performance version of the 7.3. Also, the aftermarket heads/cam that make that kind of power out of an engine that originally had 430HP are never going to pass emissions testing, and fuel economy would be in the single digits for sure.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not likely at all. The Predator engine is already developed, it wouldn’t make financial sense to develop a performance version of the 7.3. Also, the aftermarket heads/cam that make that kind of power out of an engine that originally had 430HP are never going to pass emissions testing, and fuel economy would be in the single digits for sure.

It also wouldn’t make sense to use an engine as such with power figures well below the TRX, which is your direct competition. The Predator answers the call and is basically ready. If your going to come in with lower numbers against the competition, then you just stick to your guns and do the power boost 3.5TT and just make the Raptor a better truck with still close straight line performance to a TRX, but yet maybe a better performing truck all around.

If your doing a NA pushrod motor, which I agree with what @FordTechOne says in every respect regarding it. To just please a market that wants a simple V8, doesn’t seem likely or even make sense at this point. Larger NA V8’s had a time. Unfortunately it’s starting to pass but for a few iconic vehicles. It used to be the easy way out. I miss those days too.

Dr Racecraft

I’ma need about 3.50
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trx did 5.5 0-60 for TFL, mine is faster than that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if elevation has anything to do with their 0-60? They are out of Denver, which is at 5,280 feet.

Yup, While forced induction engines have an advantage over NA engines. All engines will suffer at higher elevations. Probably what happened. They could have corrected it to sea level and also came up with an average 0-60 to.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sure will. Take that to the bank.

GEN 3 Raptor will be powered by a Supercharged V8.