Will it be faster than a TRX???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would be cool if Ford embraced the new Whipple Gen 5 3.0L and put it on the 5L,
then the Gen 3 Raptor would have more power and be lighter.

https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=532

That would make no sense considering Ford already has the 5.2 Predator if they choose to offer a TRX competitor, which passes OE durability testing and makes similar power with a smaller supercharger than the setup you linked. There is a reason twin screws are not used in OE applications; they are less efficient than a roots TVS and generate substantially more heat.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, the 5L with the new Whipple produces a hell of a lot more power, than the 5.2L with the Eaton

775HP and 685 ft-lbs that's alot more than the Hellcat 6.4L in the TRX.

And that is incorrect about your statement on efficiency, you got that backwards and is and always has been a big debate.

It's all about about the numbers, the Whipple unit costs 2/3 more per unit to produce than the Eaton unit.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, the 5 L with the new Whipple produces more power, than the 5.4.
Not sure why, but that are the numbers posted on Whipple's website.

775HP and 685 ft-lbs that's alot more than the Hellcat 6.4L in the TRX.

I can't seem to find reliable numbers for the 5.4L with the Eaton 2.6L

And that is incorrect about your statement on efficiency, and is and always has been a big debate.

It's all about about the numbers, the Whipple unit costs 2/3 more per unit to produce than the Eaton unit.

What is this 5.4 you keep referring to?

I’m talking about the 5.2 Predator, which makes 760HP and 625 lb-ft. Unless Whipple’s numbers are SAE certified like Ford’s are, they cannot be directly compared.

The TVS is more efficient in terms of heat generated and the power required to drive the rotors. That Whipple on a stock 5.0 would never pass Ford OE durability testing.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/features/built-ford-fast

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is this 5.4 you keep referring to?

I’m talking about the 5.2 Predator, which makes 760HP and 625 lb-ft. Unless Whipple’s numbers are SAE certified like Ford’s are, they cannot be directly compared.

The TVS is more efficient in terms of heat generated and the power required to drive the rotors. That Whipple on a stock 5.0 would never pass Ford OE durability testing.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/features/built-ford-fast

After market to OEM requirements are two different worlds. Always has, always will.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

1. The numbers you quoted are for the 5.2 Voodoo non-supercharged engine in the GT350. I already posted the 5.2 GT500 numbers.

2. Provide some data that show a Twin Screw produces less heat and requires less power to drive than a roots. You have it backward.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1. The numbers you quoted are for the 5.2 Voodoo non-supercharged engine in the GT350. I already posted the 5.2 GT500 numbers.

2. Provide some data that show a Twin Screw produces less heat and requires less power to drive than a roots. You have it backward.

It's all on the web and I'm not going to go through a debate.
I've done that for years on this forum with the Roush guys.
And Whipple has improved three generations since then.

And I did have a hard time pulling numbers the SC GT500, thanks for posting.

Last edited: