Will it be faster than a TRX???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You only run races if you're in it for the long term. I think the TRX is the usual FCA "throw a hellcat in it, build it for a year or two, claim victory, and move on" deal.

Just who are your friends brother? LOL nooo I’m not jumping into that.

But yea you know FCA or whatever the hell they are called now. Hellcat a vehicle, mark it up as it is fast and has power and see how it’s floats.

I remember the same idea with what was the Viper V10. This was the start of it. Hey these and the Hellcat platform are strong power plants no doubt. But even a Hellcat in a Neon won’t make it a Ferrari.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Strange friends that would prefer a Japanese designed Mexican built "pickup" over an American truck - built in America. I call them degenerates. Ford, GM, and Chrysler have been building pickups for almost 100 years, while foreign companies continue to copy US OEMs simply to steal market share, regardless of product usability or quality. Toyo loyalists are a strange crowd, 1/2 ton pickups don't even exist in japan, and compacts aren't big sellers. They copied the American formula and exploited it by installing a minivan V6 in a rust prone chassis with drum brakes and a seating position that puts a normal person's head through the roof. If I had "friends" like that, we would be disassociated. My grandfather didn't earn a purple heart in WW2 to advocate for degenerates supporting currency manipulating japanese companies.

I don't pick my friends based on what they drive and I don't choose what to drive based on what my friends drive. I'm not a fanboy for any brand. Now as to my friends being degenerates ... how did you know that? :)

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
My grandfather didn't earn a purple heart in WW2 to advocate for degenerates supporting currency manipulating japanese companies.

I remember in high school I was a delivery boy for my folk's drug store. Mom had purchased a shiny new '86 toyota pickup for a delivery vehicle. Granted, the toyota dealership owner was a good customer, so that is something.
I pulled up to an old guys house to deliver his heart meds or whatever, late afternoon, he's sitting on the porch having a whiskey tumbler. He gave me a real tongue lashing for driving a "***" car, after everything they did to us.
It really made an impression. I've probably bought 10 new trucks since then, American only.

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope it's faster than the TRX. I like progress. I have a Gen2 Raptor, which is a great truck, a TRX on order (still haven't gotten it yet, but hopefully soon!), and will buy a Gen3 Raptor if they do a V8 that competes or beats the TRX in power and hopefully offroad capability as well.

What I would really like to see is if Ford can put more power in the Gen3 than the TRX, but keep it lighter so it has better range than the TRX. Like others have said, I don't really care about MPG, but the range in the TRX sucks. If the Gen3 Raptor can maintain weight and/or get a bigger tank to maintain the range, it will be a big advantage over the TRX IMO. Not to mention if they up the game in offroad ability. Oh, and getting back the V8 sound. I hate the sound of my Gen2.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have our answer

The answer is no! It will bot be faster! No V8 raptor for 2021 and maybe never.

they bit off of Dodge’s 5 link suspension and the cosmetic upgrades are subtle at best.