Will I get tired of a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 100k mile Raptor isn't a money pit. I found a well cared for one under $30k under 100k miles in GREAT shape. I found it by chance at a dealer, had one night to research and decide or move on. No regrets here. The F150, the world best selling vehicle, is easily as good as the current Toyotas I have been around. I expect the motor will go 250k miles plus with no issues and just regular maintenance. The drivetrains are solid, the rest is simple F150 for better or worse but same with the Tundra, is what it is, super bland mostly and, just plain fugly IMO.

I do not expect any repair issues with my daily driven "old" Raptor.

I honestly do not know how people bring themselves to drive Toyotas at all. My boss has been driving them since 1983, he is always fond of telling me. His wife has a Tacoma, his son a Tacoma, FJ and first gen 4Runner. I have driven them all. I have owned a ton of different vehicles and never once could bring myself to settle for Toyota quality and the lack of driving pleasure that comes with it. You have fallen prey to it already, Good Luck with that.

OP
OP
C

Captain

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments everyone! I work out of town so I have waaay to much time to internet vehicle shop as well as talking myself in and out of things without being able to actually lay hands on the trucks. Every time I go back to looking at Raptors and watching videos I get a big grin thinking about the 10 minutes I got to test drive one.

I think I keep going back to looking at other trucks is because to me the upgrading and transforming a stock truck is half the fun and with a Raptor the transformation was done by Ford SVT. But then again maybe that's my problem, after I transform them they are never as awesome as my dreams wanted them to be. With a Raptor it's already at or beyond my expectations so it can only go up from there.

Decision made. Time to start narrowing down some available Raptors. Thanks again guys.

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor is pretty sweet stock. SVT was nowhere near done. You can upgrade the entire suspension, supercharge the motor and deck it out from mild to wild on the exterior. There is tons of room to make the Raptor "yours" if you so desire. You could conceivably mod it clear into a trophy truck if you wanted and have plenty of fun along the way.

Glad to see you came to your senses:biggrin:

RaptX4

Reaction score
My choice was to keep my '10 SCREW Lariat w/ 170+K miles and buy a new mid-life crisis Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon 6 spd or to trade the SCREW on a new Raptor. I test drove 3 new Wranglers and then test drove a 2018 Raptor. EASY decision... New Magnetic SCREW Raptor on order being built on 4.7.