Will I get tired of a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL. I tried that and she had that deer in the headlights look the whole time. I did tell her I wouldn't have to spend any money on a lift. She just rolled her eyes and said she was sure I would find something about it that would need modified asap. She's probably right.

I did find a 2013 with 192K one owner miles on the clock for $25k. If it's still around when I get home I'm going to go check it out. It's been on the lot for about 5 months and started asking $28k. Everyone up here gets scared of high mileage vehicles but at 45k miles a year this thing had to have been a highway cruiser.

for 25k. lol sign me up.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is what I'm worried about. I'm trying to explain to my wife why they cost $10K+ more than a comparably equipped F150. I can't really put it in words to a non-truck person. You guys probably know what I mean though. The way the Raptor does everything just feels right. That's why I worry about the honeymoon phase wearing off because in my mind I can't really even quantify to myself and my intended usage why it is worth spending that much more.

Take her for a spin in a Raptor and a regular F-150 back to back so she can feel and experience the difference.

Then just for grins, show here some pre-owned trucks. Compare a 2013 Raptor to a 2013 Platinum. Or compare a 2017 Raptor to a 2017 Platinum. Similar MSRP, but the Raptor will have higher resale value every time.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine's a '13, had it since new. Drove it for a couple years stock, been modding it ever since. Plan to keep it indefinitely. Not bored at all.

georgesr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After owning a raptor I am not sure I could own another truck. I don't need a monster towing truck I just need to tow about 7000 lbs, yep raptor does that. I use it for Hunting so I need to go places that have mud, snow, ditches and loose dirt, Yep the raptor does that and I get to pull my buddies Chevy's out all the time. Take me to work during the winter when I cant drive me bike.

Reaction score
I was looking hard at a Tundra TRD Pro, but 1) I'm not crazy about the colors they come in and 2) I'm disappointed in how slow Toyota's been to update them. I ultimately ended up going with a '14 SCrew in Ruby Red with 54,000 miles. I wanted air conditioned seats and the Raptor has much better aftermarket support. It's the first vehicle I've owned that hasn't been a blue Toyota.

I paid full retail through Carmax to get what I wanted (1 owner, came from out west), so I expected to have at least a twinge of buyer's remorse. I freaking love this truck. The only thing that hurts is the gas mileage, but it's just a hair better than my '00 Tundra was getting, so it's still a win for me. I actually looked at new Raptors first and fully planned on buying one, but just to be sure I test drove a first generation. For me, there definitely wasn't enough difference to justify another $25,000 for a new truck.

All that to say, no, I don't think you'll get tired of your Raptor.