Will Gen 3 live valve fit Gen 2 trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lawtonmc

Reaction score
Because mine is a 2018 I used the e-click system in order to use a live-valve setup on my truck. I cannot say whether or not the gen 3 shocks would work on a 19 or 20 gen 2 live valve truck. The solenoids would fit and shocks would mount up but I’m not sure how the OEM Ford software would work between the two.

I have no clearance issues with the solenoids at the rear of the truck.

No modification should be necessary to use the stock gen 3 shock top hats. In the thread I linked above the OP mounted them with no issues. All you need is the proper sized nuts.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the gen 3 shock issue, I’d be cautious. Check serial numbers and verify manufacture date. You’d hate to be stuck with clunkers.

horizon670

Reaction score
I also installed the Gen3 Shocks ( 37 Package Shocks ) on my 2017.
The front springs are one inch taller.
Yes, I also had to get bigger bolts, the old ones did not fit.
On the rear shocks, I had to add 2 spacers, one on each side of the shock to fit them perfectly, otherwise they had a very tiny little play.

My 2017 Shocks had about 50,000 miles on them so they ride very soft when cornering, braking...

Now, the Truck feels much stiffer but feels much better, the front was raised an inch. I wonder if I could fit 37s or if I will need any other modifications...

I've being doing some research on how I could activate the Live Valves, making them go ON / OFF when I need to. Just a simple switch.

This is all the details I have gathered:

When not powered, the needle inside the Live Valve is pushed / closed so the Shocks are defaulted to Sport setting ( Very stiff ).
The Live Valve require PWM ( Pulse Width Modulation ) signal that sends the voltage in frequencies to the solenoid.

The valve starts opening at around 7.5 volts ( I may be wrong ) / also need to verify what Amperage value. If anyone has any details, please share.

Thank you

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if the Gen 2 Live valve coilovers with Eibach springs would fit my Gen3?

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have some Gen 3 shocks with 1.1” Eibach springs already installed that I’d sell if anyone is interested.

Taken off my 2023 with less than 7,000 miles

IMG_5799.jpeg