Will Ford Performance bless us with a tune?

Would you buy a Ford Performance tune for the Raptor?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But maybe going forward ICE vehicles will be treated with better updates to improve them as BEV’s are. Looking back to Gen 2 and before, I don’t think so. Not much of any money to be made off of a dead Generation of vehicles.

I don't think Ford is going to invest much in the ICE vehicles going forward. There will be some design changes for looks, and maybe things that work for BEV and ICE, but for the most part, Ford will work on BEVs. So now, I don't expect OTA updates for ICE other than auto driving stuff or things they can charge a subscription fee for.

And I agree that it seems weird to sell a tune for Gen of a vehicle you no longer sell. But if they can charge a subscription for it....

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know Lethal Performance released something for the Explorer ST, but if you look on the Ford Performance website there is nothing listed. Also they removed all the coming soon Ford Raptor performance packs, so it ain't happening. Just get an AP and Goosetune. You'll be fine.

OP
OP
2020FordRaptor

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know Lethal Performance released something for the Explorer ST, but if you look on the Ford Performance website there is nothing listed. Also they removed all the coming soon Ford Raptor performance packs, so it ain't happening. Just get an AP and Goosetune. You'll be fine.
Wait Forx Performance had a coming soon Raptor Pack? The ST tune is on their I just saw the link and it worked.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait Forx Performance had a coming soon Raptor Pack? The ST tune is on their I just saw the link and it worked.
You and I must be looking at different websites. https://performanceparts.ford.com/performance-packs/#m2018 This website still shows nothing about the Explorer.

I just realized I was thinking of Roush power pacs and not Ford. https://www.roushperformance.com/parts/raptor-parts-category/raptor-performance-pacs-category.html My apologizes for getting the two confused. I don't think this would void warranties so this may be an option for you.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's not exactly a small thing. What's a long block cost plus install? $15K?

OH no, its not small.

But I can't imagine that a manufacturer tune would be greater than an aftermarket tune in terms of power.

lngebrown

Reaction score
If it was an tune by the now disbanded but technically savvy Special Vehicle Team (SVT) that came up with the Raptor in the first place, I'd trust it. But I wouldn't trust Ford Performance as far as I can drop-kick them. I think that their "performance" has been pretty doggone poor.
I'm not sure which part of Ford Performance team you have interacted with or at what capacity, but I can tell you as a Ford racer their support for someone like myself that is grassroots has been off the charts GREAT!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford Performance is already coming out with tunes for the Bronco. Popular vehicle? Low hanging fruit? The longer we wait for a Gen 2 tune, the more so it won’t happen.

@melvimbe Ford is definitely still designing and improving the SuperDuty line. I don’t see them dropping the ICE F-150 line anytime soon as that’s still bread and butter for Blue Oval. Many do not plan to go BEV anytime soon. Sure if lane and regulations push manufacturers, states and customers to it. Anything can change. I will agree, Ford is going gung ho now with the BEV’s.