Will drive mode stay selected?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Just a question. Not meant to be offensive or antagonizing. Is it really such a big deal to just push a button? I hear so many complain about it, and it presents such difficulty. I just don't see the issue. Takes what? All of about 2 seconds. Again, not meaning to be confrontational or combative, just interesting that it is such a point of contention.

Sam

It’s a perfectly good question.

I wouldn’t have so much of a problem with it if I could tailor it to how I wanted it for the street modes, but ... if you’re off road, let’s say in M&S, stop, grab some coffee, come back, now you’re in ‘normal’ street mode with 4h selected. You have nowhere near the throttle response in normal, plus all the nannies are back in full force.

you have to row through what, 3 or 4 modes, to get back to M&S?

or, if I’m 4a/normal and want sport mode, it selects 2h, now I have to update the transfer case to get back to 4a.
It doesn’t take a long time, but I’d like the truck to just stay where I set it until I change it.

Maybe I’m paranoid, but I’ve had 2 transfer case solenoids go out on me and let’s face it, none of us want’s to be “that guy” whose truck is stuck in 2wd miles from the pavement.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a perfectly good question.

I wouldn’t have so much of a problem with it if I could tailor it to how I wanted it for the street modes, but ... if you’re off road, let’s say in M&S, stop, grab some coffee, come back, now you’re in ‘normal’ street mode with 4h selected. You have nowhere near the throttle response in normal, plus all the nannies are back in full force.

you have to row through what, 3 or 4 modes, to get back to M&S?

or, if I’m 4a/normal and want sport mode, it selects 2h, now I have to update the transfer case to get back to 4a.
It doesn’t take a long time, but I’d like the truck to just stay where I set it until I change it.

Maybe I’m paranoid, but I’ve had 2 transfer case solenoids go out on me and let’s face it, none of us want’s to be “that guy” whose truck is stuck in 2wd miles from the pavement.

Well put. I can accept that logic.

Sam

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Well put. I can accept that logic.

Sam
I can (and do) accept yours too, because while I’d like to have my truck remember the last drive mode, I haven’t dropped 3 c notes to make it happen and have been diligently using your recommended method since day 1. :)

maybe if navtv drops the price, I’ll bite.

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a question. Not meant to be offensive or antagonizing. Is it really such a big deal to just push a button? I hear so many complain about it, and it presents such difficulty. I just don't see the issue. Takes what? All of about 2 seconds. Again, not meaning to be confrontational or combative, just interesting that it is such a point of contention.

Sam

Say I like to drive in 4A sport mode with nannies as disabled as possible. Every time I jump in the truck, I have to wait for the splash screen to do its thing, move to sport mode, then go to 4A, then press and wait ~5s for the TCS to disable.

At a minimum, I'd prefer to have modes memorized, for example in my M car, I have a button with presets. Press one button, good to go. Sets throttle, steering, suspension, nannies. No fidgeting with two or three different mode selections.

Duane

Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I am wondering if anyone tried installing this module on a Gen 2 Raptor? If not, is there now a better solution available? Thanks in advance.