Will drive mode stay selected?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick731

Reaction score
Hey guys, haven't seen this info mentioned, but do you have to select your drive mode each time you get in the truck? Like if sport was always the preferred driving option can it be left on sport or defaulted to that option?

Thanks!

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, haven't seen this info mentioned, but do you have to select your drive mode each time you get in the truck? Like if sport was always the preferred driving option can it be left on sport or defaulted to that option?

Thanks!

Yes, EVERY TIME. I'm hoping there's a tune or a way to program sport mode as the default but I don't know of any yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To stick with the theme does it stay in 4a, 4lo, 4hi, etc when you select it then shut off the vehicle then get back in, start, and drive away or do you have to select say 4a each time you start the vehicle?

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To stick with the theme does it stay in 4a, 4lo, 4hi, etc when you select it then shut off the vehicle then get back in, start, and drive away or do you have to select say 4a each time you start the vehicle?

I had it in sport mode and 4a when it was raining and when I turned the truck back on it was in 4a and normal but when I put it back in sport it went back to 2h and I had to put it back in 4a.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Weird. The 4x2/4x4 setting survives ignition cycles, but the “terrain mode” does not. So yes, if you are in sport mode w/ 4A and you power off / on, you’re back in normal mode with 4A. as soon as you select 4a, the drive changes back to 4x2. This doesn’t appear to have an override option.

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dammit, another setting to toggle every damn time. Sport mode and no auto start stop shit. Why can't it remember!

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well sport mode turns off auto start and stop. So it's really only one toggle. But still....you are right, that should be the default setting

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure once they've been out for a while, the tuners (5 Star) will have a tune that enables Sport all the time if so desired. I don't mind switching back and forth. Keeps me more in tune with how some of the technology works on the truck. If it was "set it and forget it" I might forget that there are so many different modes to play with LOL!