Will Catch Can still be necessary?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So figured most everybody on here has a previous gen Raptor figured someone here might be best able to answer this. Given the need for catch can system was the original design of direct fuel injections lack of cleaning the valve stems with only the direct injection but they added port injection in later Gen. 2 models and will be on the Gen. 3 would it still be necessary to add a catch can system for new Gen. 3 I have on order?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran one one my 2019 and after 6500 miles this is what I collected. I am def running one on my GEN3. BTW .. when I swapped out my oem inter-cooler, there was oil in the hoses and inside the inter-cooler.

Attachments

• catch can.jpeg
    catch can.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 129
OP
OP
Honeybadger_Zero

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran one one my 2019 and after 6500 miles this is what I collected. I am def running one on my GEN3. BTW .. when I swapped out my oem inter-cooler, there was oil in the hoses and inside the inter-cooler.
Nice... I think we all expect some oil blow by. I guess my concern is more that there shouldn’t be valve coaking given the port injection. Did you notice a big difference with the aftermarket intercollegiate? Which one did you go with?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice... I think we all expect some oil blow by. I guess my concern is more that there shouldn’t be valve coaking given the port injection. Did you notice a big difference with the aftermarket intercollegiate? Which one did you go with?
I ran a CVF IC >> https://www.cvfab.com/products/cvf-titan-intercooler-2015-f-150-raptor-2-7l-3-5l-ecoboost

I did see my boost temps drop by 15-20 degrees. There are a ton of ICs for the GEN2 ranging from $500 to $1400. I think CVF is a very good option and not crazy expensive and it is plug and play. It should fit the GEN3 as I bet behind the bumper it is identical to the GEN2. We will see once the GEN3 is out.

BTW .. the oem IC has plastic end caps and it is dinky (9 pounds). The CFV is 27 pounds.

Last edited: