Will a frame cut bumper pass Recon Inspection (Hawaii)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
they wont know the difference...biggest things they look for is wheel/fender coverage, bumper height, which the frame cut doesn't change really, lift kits which it doesnt look like you have one, exhaust note( no idea how some pass, those mopeds out there....) you will likley need to throw on some mudflaps though. again they a very picky on wheel coverage

no recon inspector is going to know you have cut frame horns....

OP
OP
Roger Rocket

Roger Rocket

Reaction score
Awesome, huge relief man! Thank you, I will be moving there in November & was looking at island beaters hahah

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome, huge relief man! Thank you, I will be moving there in November & was looking at island beaters hahah
Lived there for 4 years in the Navy. I found the term “island beater” is not a type of vehicle it is What happens to your vehicle lol. Tiny parking spots, giant potholes, no regard to best driving practices...cars get beat out there haha

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are going to take the raptor out there I’d recommend buying anyone you want for it now, most places won’t ship out there and if they do you are going to pay for it either in cost of wait time.

OP
OP
Roger Rocket

Roger Rocket

Reaction score
Lived there for 4 years in the Navy. I found the term “island beater” is not a type of vehicle it is What happens to your vehicle lol. Tiny parking spots, giant potholes, no regard to best driving practices...cars get beat out there haha

cool man, yeah I’m Army so I will be there 3-4 years. I have been doing all my mods before I go there for that reason! Great advice, thanks man

W84

Reaction score
Just installed my SVC a few months ago .. still no plate & haven't gotten pulled over for it IMG_6240.JPG