Will 18 coils work on 1st gen 2.5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yz450f08

Reaction score
I have a set of 2.5 shocks but need a set a coils. I ordered a set from ford but are 3 weeks backordered. I found a set of just the coil spring from a 2018 for a good price but i dont know if they will work

nipplesNchowder

Reaction score
No they unfortunately won't work. Gen 2 coils are way wider than the gen 1s. The coils are interchangeable between gen 1 and Gen 2 shocks but if you try to actually put them in a gen 1 truck they will rub

IMG_20190418_183617_3.jpg

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a set of 2.5 shocks but need a set a coils. I ordered a set from ford but are 3 weeks backordered. I found a set of just the coil spring from a 2018 for a good price but i dont know if they will work
Where are you located? I have a set of oem springs from my 14.

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Man just for a few more bucks, you could probably go with a set of geisers. Maybe the order will be quicker as well, and the ride quality is noticeably better!