Wildtrak Bronco vs Raptor experience and pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tire shops are getting finicky about mounting anything other than exact factory size so it's almost hard to go with a taller tire if you wanted to. I personally love the like of a big wheel but hate the risk associated. I'll take a 70/17-18 any day of the week.
I would say a work around for those shops, that are difficult, might be to take in wheels without the vehicle and just order tires and have them mounted.

Then install wheels/tires at your house.

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We made our reservation a couple months after they opened and converted to order in February 21. We are hoping to take delivery in spring of 22 by switching to a soft top. If we didn't switch tops my dealer is telling me we will likely be pushed into 23.
Ford completely botched the roof situation with Webesto. They are fixing all of the faulty roofs that have already been delivered under warranty before they continue manufacturing new hard top Broncos.
Hopefully, Ford can catch up soon and get back to full-scale production with no constraints but the likelihood of that is low. With chip shortages, outsourced companies not being able to keep up with supply and the damn Covid throwing a wrench in everything I’m sure there will be more issues along the way.
I ordered mine in January (Badlands 4dr Squatch lux) and then a month ago I switched the order to soft top with hard top prep kit. Just a week later I got a build date scheduled for October 11! Super glad I switched the order.

OP
OP
Richiemitchell

Richiemitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife is currently driving a 2021 Cayenne GTS. Trouble is, she's as in love with curbs as she is with me and is always getting up close. Already gouged one wheel. A Bronco would be perfect for her. And me. lol. I just would have liked to see the 3.5 engine in it. Not a deal breaker though.
well, I will say avoiding these low-profile tires and large rims is almost impossible with the current luxury vehicle market. Also, the 2.7 did not feel slow but it does not have near the power of the Raptor. Rumor mill from my friend who is an engineer at Ford is that the Warthog/ Raptor Bronco will be getting a 3.0 TT. We shall see though.

OP
OP
Richiemitchell

Richiemitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the details and write-up. I see a Bronco in my future.

For this reason alone I hate how everyone is moving to this big wheel short tire look. Even some factory trucks have 20-22's and a 55 sidewall tire. Tire shops are getting finicky about mounting anything other than exact factory size so it's almost hard to go with a taller tire if you wanted to. I personally love the like of a big wheel but hate the risk associated. I'll take a 70/17-18 any day of the week.
I'm with you. I'm waiting on my new wheels to show up so I can get rid of these 20in wheels on 37's. For me, it takes away from what this truck is intended for.

OP
OP
Richiemitchell

Richiemitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine in January (Badlands 4dr Squatch lux) and then a month ago I switched the order to soft top with hard top prep kit. Just a week later I got a build date scheduled for October 11! Super glad I switched the order.
That's the best Bronco news I've heard in a while. Unfortunately for us, the soft top wasn't an option for the 21 model Wildtrak. Orders for 22 should be open by the end of the month and we will be changing to a soft top as soon as possble.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife is currently driving a 2021 Cayenne GTS. Trouble is, she's as in love with curbs as she is with me and is always getting up close. Already gouged one wheel. A Bronco would be perfect for her. And me. lol. I just would have liked to see the 3.5 engine in it. Not a deal breaker though.
LOL I buy rims and tires too. Same reason.