Wildtrak Bronco vs Raptor experience and pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. Want a Bronco for the wife but just waiting to see what comes in.

You will be waiting till 2024 then because these are not going to be on lots till probably then. You will need to order one and depending on dealer pay MSRP. The Bronco launch has not been the best ever.

OP
OP
Richiemitchell

Richiemitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will be waiting till 2024 then because these are not going to be on lots till probably then. You will need to order one and depending on dealer pay MSRP. The Bronco launch has not been the best ever.
We made our reservation a couple months after they opened and converted to order in February 21. We are hoping to take delivery in spring of 22 by switching to a soft top. If we didn't switch tops my dealer is telling me we will likely be pushed into 23.
Ford completely botched the roof situation with Webesto. They are fixing all of the faulty roofs that have already been delivered under warranty before they continue manufacturing new hard top Broncos.
Hopefully, Ford can catch up soon and get back to full-scale production with no constraints but the likelihood of that is low. With chip shortages, outsourced companies not being able to keep up with supply and the damn Covid throwing a wrench in everything I’m sure there will be more issues along the way.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We made our reservation a couple months after they opened and converted to order in February 21. We are hoping to take delivery in spring of 22 by switching to a soft top. If we didn't switch tops my dealer is telling me we will likely be pushed into 23.
Ford completely botched the roof situation with Webesto. They are fixing all of the faulty roofs that have already been delivered under warranty before they continue manufacturing new hard top Broncos.
Hopefully, Ford can catch up soon and get back to full-scale production with no constraints but the likelihood of that is low. With chip shortages, outsourced companies not being able to keep up with supply and the damn Covid throwing a wrench in everything I’m sure there will be more issues along the way.

True, the hardtop issue has been a problem. The 2 door version looks so much better IMO than the 4 door. I do plan to put an order in for a MY22 but do not know how waiting 18 months for it is going to work.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife is currently driving a 2021 Cayenne GTS. Trouble is, she's as in love with curbs as she is with me and is always getting up close. Already gouged one wheel. A Bronco would be perfect for her. And me. lol. I just would have liked to see the 3.5 engine in it. Not a deal breaker though.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife is currently driving a 2021 Cayenne GTS. Trouble is, she's as in love with curbs as she is with me and is always getting up close. Already gouged one wheel. A Bronco would be perfect for her. And me. lol. I just would have liked to see the 3.5 engine in it. Not a deal breaker though.

The Raptor/ Warthog version of it should have the 3 or 3.5 liter eco boost in it.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For this reason alone I hate how everyone is moving to this big wheel short tire look. Even some factory trucks have 20-22's and a 55 sidewall tire. Tire shops are getting finicky about mounting anything other than exact factory size so it's almost hard to go with a taller tire if you wanted to. I personally love the like of a big wheel but hate the risk associated. I'll take a 70/17-18 any day of the week.