Wildlife and off-roaders gain room to roam in California’s new desert protection act

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The act also makes permanent six existing off-highway vehicle, or OHV, sites covering more than 200,000 acres. The first national network of off-highway vehicle recreation areas includes Dumont Dunes, El Mirage, Rasor, Stoddard Valley, Johnson Valley and Spangler Hills.

Plans call for expanding the boundaries of some of those areas. The Spangler Hills area east of the city of Ridgecrest, about 154 miles north of Los Angeles, for example, will grow by 30,260 acres, or about 49%.

https://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-california-desert-act-ohv-20190226-story.html

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does, I'm always wary of "Wilderness" designation because generally that means no OHV's. I'm even more wary of politicians, they inevitably find a way to **** it up o_O

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just wait until they decide that it is foot access only. That's more or less what happens to anything in Colorado that becomes "wilderness". Great, more preserved land that only the physically able can access.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Isn’t there a vote coming up on something real similar to this? Saw it on Terra Crew’s Instagram a little while back