Wifi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a recipe to work the wifi in the truck using your phone as the data source. I can get the network set up and everything but I can't get the data flowing. I've talked to sync help people and tried to troubleshoot with the manuals online to no avail...

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't heard anyone having any luck with doing this. You're not the first to ask, and I'm sure you won't be the last.

OP
OP
Evanscott29

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured that part out. Had to change the home wifi to numbers only. Sync support said the software only supports numbers right now. Not sure how that works...

My issue is still so my wife can use her ipad while we drive. I'm trying feverishly before we're on the road for 6 hours on Friday.

golferdude1971

FRF Addict
Reaction score
your better off just using your phone as a mobile hotspot and having your wife's ipad connect directly to it. The point of the wifi in the MFT is purely for those that have mobile internet USB dongles.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
^ what he said

You're more likely to have a slower connection when it's going phone>truck>iPad vs phone>iPad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir