WIFI Hotspot AT&T Only?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hodag

Reaction score
I am going to hook up my Hotspot on my 22 Raptor. I have the hotspot on my 2020 Tremor but I could not get any other carrier than AT&T. AT&T sucks in my area. Are we still stuck with only AT&T or can we give the modem data and numbers to another carrier and get it to work?

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t do anything with that silly built in AT&T hotspot. I gave it a go for a while then cancelled the plan and got a Verizon 5G mifi and tossed it into the front console side storage bin. Hooked it up to a mophie portable power station and it’s on 24/7. Primarily use it so I can have live view and receive parking mode event/impact notifications from my Thinkware dashcams. But the mifi is legit. Average 540-615ish mbps which is plenty. Wife had to stay connected on her laptop to work on our last trip out to Moab and had no issues staying connected. Good mifi hotspots aren’t cheap but well worth it and countless times stronger than the built in AT&T crap. So much so that I was able to run my Xbox Series X off of it as I had to stay in touch with the boys while we were gone lol wife wasn’t pleased

Attachments

• 721566EE-A818-44A2-BC12-406CD23A556F.png
    721566EE-A818-44A2-BC12-406CD23A556F.png
    387 KB · Views: 6