Why not the new Voodoo 5.2L from GT350 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shunn

Reaction score
Phfft...Give up the Ghost you guys. The 3.5 TT Eco is the better application than all your suggestions. LOL.

Get that through your thick skulls.

I think most people understand the pros and cons of a TT V6. I've driven so many small displacement turbo cars it's not funny.

The bottom line is that we are American ******** and we want a damn V8! If we want more efficiency then we will slap turbos on it.

And if we are seriously going to get into a MPG battle, **** and go buy an ecoboost car or something Japanese.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And if we are seriously going to get into a MPG battle, **** and go buy an ecoboost car or something Japanese.

Tell that to the government. Why do you think Ford is going with ecoboost so hard? For fun? If they didnt have government restrictions squeezing down on them they would keep with their big motors. They are planning for the future and putting all their stock into the ecoboost.

Shunn

Reaction score
Tell that to the government. Why do you think Ford is going with ecoboost so hard? For fun? If they didnt have government restrictions squeezing down on them they would keep with their big motors. They are planning for the future and putting all their stock into the ecoboost.

I get it, I just think that they should give prospective buyers the option.

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's not true. They could easily keep a V8 in the Raptor and it wouldn't affect their restrictions at all. Chevy and Dodge both keeping "big motor" options in their primo trucks

2011SuperCrew

Reaction score
I think they actually went about this in the opposite way we are thinking about it.

Ford picked a HP and TQ target _first_ then found the smallest motor to achieve those targets.

Could a TTV8 fit? Sure... But it would make TOO MUCH power for the rest of the truck. The brakes/tranny/shocks/... Would all have to get bigger which would drive up cost. The truck was designed around 450ish hp and the EB could easily achieve that with diesel-like torque.

Other than how it sounds, I can't see a logical reason to put a V8 into THIS truck. Maybe they'll make a Raptor-R (similar to the Cobrajet Mustang program) that will have a bigger motor... But for a street truck, I just can't see how it would be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk