Why not the new Voodoo 5.2L from GT350 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to disagree with you guys here... I'd take the voodoo 5.2 over our 6.2.

The voodoo actually builds torque quicker than the 6.2, and at 2-2.5k rpm, already makes more torque than the 6.2, so saying this motor is "unfit" for this truck is negative (is there better options, yes, but it can/would actually work great in this app). Plus with such a high rev range, you have a broader range per gear you can actually use in varying terrains (deep sand comes to mind). I actually find the top end of the 6.2 to be "meh" even though that's where peak power is at.

I personally see alot of benefits to having this motor in our trucks, yes its a different breed, but I think it could mate up well with proper gearing.

Actually looking at the Power curve on the 5.2l compared to the 6.2L The 6.2L still makes more TQ down low than the 5.2l and that was comparing the lower rated 385hp 6.2L chart from the F250 not the higher rated F150 tune.

Attachments

• voodoo.jpg
    voodoo.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 100

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And here is the Boss 6.2l Finally found one with the upgraded power of the f150.

As you can see till 4K the 6.2L still has the edge and even after thats the voodoo does not do much better.

For a street/offroad truck a TVS or Whipple 5.0L still makes more sense.

Attachments

• boss.jpg
    boss.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 119

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem with the 5.2 would be the same as the 6.2, the little to nonexistent aftermarket support and development. Give me the 5.0 or bring back the 5.8!

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The problem with the 5.2 would be the same as the 6.2, the little to nonexistent aftermarket support and development. Give me the 5.0 or bring back the 5.8!

If the 5.8L block fits with the blower then yes it would be sweet.
I don't think the 5.2L will need much aftermarket support in that its already designed from Ford to be pushing it, just like the 5.4L Ford GT engine was.
(Most grabbed the GT heads for the Cobras) Only if you were going wicked crazy did you really need anything custom.

The 5.2L with some LT headers, Offroad Pipe and tune probably will be all you ever need out of it.

D

Deleted member 12951

The 5.2L with some LT headers, Offroad Pipe and tune probably will be all you ever need out of it.

Those sound like famous last words.

So Joe, seems like you took a vacation from FRF and now back. What's going on...

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those sound like famous last words.

So Joe, seems like you took a vacation from FRF and now back. What's going on...

Yea, well on the 5.2L with the cost of one I see no point to try and add FI and that would only leave Cams as an option which you could have custom ones done if you wanted. And if you were going all out race then get rid of the valves in the intake for lower end power like we did on the 3v mustangs.

And yes I was working in a location for a while that restricted FRF and the FRF site was not playing nice with my Verizon service where it kept timing out so I said screw it and stopped trying to come around as the timeouts just pissed me off. So stuck to facebook. Then someone had pinged me so I came on back over and seems the timeout issue on verizon was resolved. Plus snoball is coming up so need to get prepared

Carsten89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would Ford really design a motor, just for the GT350, and not offer it in any other vehicle ?

526 hp 429 ft/lbs revs to 8200.

?

Probably. Just like the 5.8 for the 13/14 GT500s. They'll probably take the 5.2 and add some boost to it for the new GT500.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 5.2L are hand built not std production line motors so you will never see them in High QTY. Other than the GT350 my bet is only a $$$$$ crate motor option for white body race cars and custom builds. But I would love to see the 5.8L live on for sure as it matches up to the LSX perfectly.

Shunn

Reaction score
Honestly I think the 5.2 with a different set of cams and a different tune for a truck would be absolutely fantastic.

Or like was previously stated, build an aluminum block for our 6.2 with a little more power and call it a day.

Regardless, I still love my truck over the new body style so i wouldn't even be interested no mater what engine they put in there.