Why not the new Voodoo 5.2L from GT350 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We really do not need a different engine, just different material.
Aluminum block, longer stroke for more bottom end torque and cylinder delete for highway travel.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score

Bwhahahaah, that almost made me spit out my coffee.

I can't think of too many times where I had the peddle to the floor when off-roading, if ever. I do like to keep in the low gears and lock out 4-6 so I only stay in 2nd most of the time and bump to 3rd when needed. Agree, the torque and power is where you have control, not the high speed stuff.

...you may not be flooring it, but you certainly forget where that pesky brake pedal is!

D

Deleted member 12951

Bwhahahaah, that almost made me spit out my coffee.

...you may not be flooring it, but you certainly forget where that pesky brake pedal is!

If I recall, its to the left of the skinny pedal and tad bigger. You haven't drove with me so you don't know.
@cpetes @sandtrooper29
How is my driving?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
JD 500

JD 500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it has the torque just not in the correct area. A truck needs torque down low on the RPM curve, pretty much the sooner the better which isnt where the Voodoo makes its torque. The Voodoo makes max torque at 4750 rpm and peak HP at 7500 rpms.

All of that works well for the GT350 because its a track car where you will be keeping it wrapped out. You wont be driving a heavy ass truck like you are going to be driving a track car like the GT350. Power needs to be down low in a truck for pulling, mud, and most offroad applications. It would work well if your truck lives in Baja where you can blast across the desert at high speed everyday and dont plan on towing but in most offroad applications peddle to the floor driving is just going to break everything.

Thanks. That makes sense. Too bad, but makes sense.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Segway's are cool so not sure what you are talking about.

Well if you were behind me then you know how slow I go.....

LOL, you can now join the mall security crew with @The Macf

You weren't cooking too quick, just taking the line that had the most shit in the way :ROFLJest:

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to disagree with you guys here... I'd take the voodoo 5.2 over our 6.2.

The voodoo actually builds torque quicker than the 6.2, and at 2-2.5k rpm, already makes more torque than the 6.2, so saying this motor is "unfit" for this truck is negative (is there better options, yes, but it can/would actually work great in this app). Plus with such a high rev range, you have a broader range per gear you can actually use in varying terrains (deep sand comes to mind). I actually find the top end of the 6.2 to be "meh" even though that's where peak power is at.

I personally see alot of benefits to having this motor in our trucks, yes its a different breed, but I think it could mate up well with proper gearing.