Why is Tuxedo Black so desiereable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
I think 50% of them are black.

Lot of this is due to it being the only one to get the 411hp 6.2L. The other colors are only rated at 370hp. Fact. On the internet. Indisputable.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I think 50% of them are black.

Lot of this is due to it being the only one to get the 411hp 6.2L. The other colors are only rated at 370hp. Fact. On the internet. Indisputable.

Actually that's backwards. The black (especially in direct sunlight) contributes to engine heat soak and robs you TB owners of most of your horsepower.

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry... can't post a pic as we've got a soccer game in like 15 minutes... but I just got home and my detailer did his magic on my Tuxedo Black 2011 Raptor today.

WOW! Utterly... WOW!

Until this vehicle (new a couple weeks ago) was clayed and polished, those little "gold flakes" never sparkled as they do now!!!!

TB is absolutely stunning in bright sunlight...

Its not much, but the only complaint I might have about Ford's paint (remember, this is my first Ford) is that there is an ever so slight "orange peel" to their finish, at least on my Truck...

My Z06 was literally flawless (maybe I got lucky, although this was my 3rd Corvette).. so perhaps comparing it to paint on a fiberglass body (why that might make any difference, I have no idea)... but I'd rate the stock finish on MY 2011 Raptor at perhaps 98.69% compared to 100% on the Z06.

----------

Regardless, I am thrilled with the Tuxedo Black now, initially I was looking for Silver or White, TB is what they had on the lot and I took it... I am so glad I got TB now!

If I have time later tonight, I'll post the quick pic I took earlier...

Last edited:

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Would never want!

I have never wanted a black vehicle for all of the reasons like shows every scratch and swirl. Can't keep clean, shows all the dirt 15 minutes after washing. Really gets hot in the summer or sitting in the sun. Can't see any of the black details of the truck like hood vents etc. I would also like to comment that the molten orange also has a lot of gold flake in the paint! It appears to be so many different shades of orange and red in different light. Just my two cents worth!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Because black is a sexy color. Period.

My current truck is black with metallic flakes in it and my Raptor will be TB or Race Red, but only if Race Red has some metallic in the paint.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Actually that's backwards. The black (especially in direct sunlight) contributes to engine heat soak and robs you TB owners of most of your horsepower.

How dare you attempt to pit your science against my magical theory? :ROFLJest: