Why is this yellow fluid being expelled from side vent?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fordus

Reaction score
This has been happening since day 1. noticed some spots when i picked it up new. It doesn't happen a lot, but it's really hard to clean off. Some ran down the panel below the vent and was pretty tough to get off my paint. It seems to be more happening on the passenger side vent, i think. When I open the hood there's nothing obvious right there, the only thing I see is the coolant fluid towards the front of the engine compartment.

Anybody else having this issue? Is it normal or abnormal? If the latter, any ideas on what is causing it.

ThanksView attachment 356763View attachment 356764
I would try to drive with the hood open in your street or a mall parking lot and see if a friend of yours can notice where that is coming out from but, I don’t know if the car will let you drive with the hood open. Just a thought.

OP
OP
ben2k9

ben2k9

Reaction score
I would try to drive with the hood open in your street or a mall parking lot and see if a friend of yours can notice where that is coming out from but, I don’t know if the car will let you drive with the hood open. Just a thought.
Uhhhh, what?

Fordus

Reaction score
I
Uhhhh, what?
was serious. Drive with hood open see if you can track the leak. Am not saying do 100mph plus. 5 mph won’t hurt
But you should get the point by now. Do it and find out if it will work. What you gona loose if you tried. The leak is there anyway.

rschap1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go pro under hood if going down this road
:)
After getting rain overnight I did have some pretty solid yellow spots all over my hood yesterday.
That is pollen in my area, seeing it on a lot of vehicles.

I started thinking as new as the mentioned truck are it would be a good chance of something at assembly...

Good luck solving the mystery and cleaning up.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you gona loose if you tried. The leak is there anyway.
Oh, I don't know, maybe a trip to county lockup for reckless endangerment? lol
And then you'd be "that guy" who caused Ford to update our trucks with a second warning screen when we shut it off. Check back seat "AND UNDER THE HOOD" for passengers. :)
A visit to the dealership would have a whole lot less drama.

200.gif