Why is this yellow fluid being expelled from side vent?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atxdivebezel

Reaction score
I have the same thing in the exact same spot on my Gen 3. Saw it yesterday for the first time while washing the truck. It wouldn't come off with water and soap. I'll try goo-gone. I don't think it's pollen either for whatever that's worth.

semlisun

Reaction score
I also have the same thing on mine comes only on the left vent but pretty heavily.
Idk what it is it’s definitely not pollen.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It just needs cleaned properly, I bet you are not removing it when washing and it attracts dirt dust and also hard water stain on the sticky residue.

Wristdoc

Reaction score
I'm thinking it is anti-corrosion grease from under the hood somewhere. German makes used to refer to it as 'cosmoline' years ago (they still might) and it was a thick, smelly grease in paste form. You'd get it dripping from body cavities on really hot days on a newer car. Maybe they overapplied it to your truck in some areas?
This...

My wife's BMW X7 had this...white truck and small yellow spots all over it. Especially prominent around the lower door areas. I believe it is some sort of sealant that is applied when new and it is very hard to remove. I live in Kansas and Oklahoma and know pollen...this is different.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Op, depending on how much you love your truck, this may be perfectly normal. Might I suggest keeping a terry cloth towel within reach for those times when you are really feeling the love for your Raptor.

You named your throw rag Terry? o_O

OP, It looks like pollen to me too. It was a banner year around here for it, but that was a a month or two ago.