Why is ford raptor 2019 seats ventilated?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mamula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quick recap
2017-2018 raptors have cooled seat (twice better than ventilated)
Now in 2019, ford is moving backward. Downgrading to plain ventilated seats.
I just don't get it!

subterfuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see in my paperwork it says heated/ventilated. I hope you are wrong. Big reason I went with the 802a package.

Last edited:

subterfuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I read up.. Ford doesn't offer cooled seats anymore. From what I understand. Old system blew cool air at your while the new system sucks cool through the seat. Aka venting air away. Seems like they had issues with the system and gave up on it.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I’m sure your wrong, it is a two way system . The current goes one way and it heats, reverse it and it cools I believe. It works great in summer when I’m in Palm Desert (cooling).

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Seems like they are talking about 501 and 502 packages, my 802 definitely cools 2017

subterfuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked at my 2019 paperwork and its doesn't say cools.. it says Heat/ventilated. Again I hope I am wrong but I don't see cooled in any of my paperwork.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2018 802a has heated and cooled front seats. The heating is heat wires imbedded in the seat covering and the cooling is fan-forced air from the A/C outlet vent under the seat. Literally cooled air if A/C is on and if the A/C isn’t on the fan blows ambient air through the seat.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 18' ventilated seats' fans are much louder than the 17' I had and doesn't seem to get as cold. Also for some reason I could of sworn on my 17' it showed AC written on the cooled seat button (memory could be wrong), but now just a fan.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 18' ventilated seats' fans are much louder than the 17' I had and doesn't seem to get as cold. Also for some reason I could of sworn on my 17' it showed AC written on the cooled seat button (memory could be wrong), but now just a fan.

My ‘18 built in Jan has the AC so maybe there was another running change like the console shifter lighting