GEN 2 Why does the bluetooth phone interface suck so bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tech

Reaction score
That's fair but my 2016 Tundra had better BT integration. I like the CarPlay integration the Ford has, but you have to plug in to get that which is annoying and I'm sure that's an Apple limitation.

You have to plug the phone in for Android Auto to work too. Some apps work over BT, but the full Android Auto experience is cabled and glitchy. No favorites on AA either.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your problem is your contact names are terrible. "Wife"? Try using her actual name.

Call "Haley Johnson" or "Tiffany Baker" gives the Sync system a million times more to work with than a one syllable word that can be confused with all the other one syllable contacts without a last name in your phone.

Pro tip guys- listen up. Use the full first and last name in your contacts. All of them, every single one, no exceptions. No Mom, Dad, Sis- none of that. All contacts should use their correct first and last name. When you use voice commands in Sync, use the full first and last name. If you do that, it will work perfectly 100% if the time, guaranteed.

PB65stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your problem is your contact names are terrible. "Wife"? Try using her actual name.

Call "Haley Johnson" or "Tiffany Baker" gives the Sync system a million times more to work with than a one syllable word that can be confused with all the other one syllable contacts without a last name in your phone.

Pro tip guys- listen up. Use the full first and last name in your contacts. All of them, every single one, no exceptions. No Mom, Dad, Sis- none of that. All contacts should use their correct first and last name. When you use voice commands in Sync, use the full first and last name. If you do that, it will work perfectly 100% if the time, guaranteed.

Agree here. I have no problem with Sync recognizing my contacts that are all first and last names.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Agree here. I have no problem with Sync recognizing my contacts that are all first and last names.

I just tried the Sync “call xxxx xxxxxx” instead of holding the steering wheel button to summon siri to do this since Jan. of ’17. it worked. I’m not a big bluetooth fan, but this seemed to work pretty smoothly.