Why does everyone hate the B&O stereo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
B&O system is okay but runs a bit anemic. For a vehicle with all of the electronic wizardry, you'd think they'd work with B&O to create something special not mediocre.

Don S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not an audiophile, so the system sounds fine to me. With road and tire noise, the cab of a Raptor is certainly not an acoustically quiet room. I crank it up when I'm by myself and keep it at a reasonable level when the wife is with me.

Maybe I'll replace it when I start driving the truck with all the windows down at 70 mph!!!

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something about this whole thread just smells funny. I myself never understood why a company would call themselves B.O. I was hopeful that the 2019 B&O sound would be good, unfortunately the first thing I did was swap out the speakers with JL and the sound system instantly sounded 3x better. The fact that it is so hard to swap in a new sub/amp means you paid a premium for a poor system and actually paid more to make it harder/more expensive to replace.

Does the BO system just lack an air freshener?

What speakers did you replace? I think there are like 8?

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait, there is a GEN2 without a console shifter? Do you mean shift paddles?

Sorry, I meant I wouldn't own one if it didn't come with the Raptor. If the Raptor was just a console with a column shifter like the Super Duties, I would pass.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
For my old and tired ears it works fine. That said, Ford is using the B/O name for marketing. The quality of the B/O system in the Raptor is on the extreme low end of B/O products. The B/O system in our Audi is many times better sound quality.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must be getting old at the whopping age of 42, because I just don't listen to music loud enough anymore to notice the difference.
#MeToo.

An automobile is a terrible stage for sound perfection. The BO system (yes I get the irony) sounds just fine. Most of us are running around with .mp3 at 128kbps. Beefing up the sound system is the equivalent of an 80 year old women getting a boob job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the BO system just lack an air freshener?

What speakers did you replace? I think there are like 8?

All but the center channel. Having a center channel is a whole other joke, which shows what a bad design or lack of design it has.

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant I wouldn't own one if it didn't come with the Raptor. If the Raptor was just a console with a column shifter like the Super Duties, I would pass.

Oh come on, like anyone really uses the paddle shifters. Do you just like the Gan Turismo feel?

Real paddle shifters need to be mounted in place and not turn with the wheel. If I need to explain why..... Well I mean it is a truck, they are just for show. I would make the argument of why we need a big knobby shifter. The console is nice but steals a ton of interior space.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They allegedly tuned it, and that's it. I think it's embarrassing that Ford can market it as a "B&O system" when no component that I know of, not the HU, not the speakers, not anything, was manufactured by B&O. The only thing I'm not sure about is the white sub surround/driver.

When you see what comes out of it (the paper cone crap speakers), it's a miracle it sounds as good as it does. I mean, they couldn't even get some speakers from the Harman parts bin? Pathetic and misleading, at best.
This. There were previous threads and discussion on this. Essentially BO just tuned the existing Ford system. Its got lousy components so they could only do so much.