Why does everyone hate the B&O stereo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
missed that Spinal Tap joke, huh?

no...i got it

but in the contaxt if the thread...the B&O systems is so horrible...not many people know the head unit is actually pretty good, and has 0-30 volume control. Because the B&O amp and speakers are so poor, you cant really turn it up past 15.

Akraptor18

Reaction score
I have the B&O system and mine is great. I literally have to keep it below 20 "with phone volume all the way up" or, it's too loud. Granted, I'm not going 70mph with the sunroof open and all the windows down. Not sure why you would need it so loud that the system cant handle it. I had a Sony system in my 2017 F250 Lariat and thought it was great as well. Must be some of those annoying people that have the system so loud at a stop light that you cant hear your own over their's. Starting to think you just cant please some people. Not sure how you are over powering this system. People must be deaf or something?

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Starting to think you just cant please some people. Not sure how you are over powering this system. People must be deaf or something?

No offense......but if you ever take the time to hear and feel the difference between a purpose built aftermarket stereo, and this trash in almost any new car, you would immediately know the difference.

Why buy a raptor, when a base nissan pathfinder will do most of the same things. Similar to the stero question......when you know the true differences, one would never buy the pathfinder if given the choice and cash to do so.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In laymen’s terms it just sounds muddy, soft limited bass and basically has no balls. For a factory system it’s so so to ok or a bit better than the average. But these trucks price out above average. So many expected more! You can get by with it, but it won’t be quite a special listening experience if you grew up on higher end systems.

Somebody said it’s good as this is only a truck! Bite your tongue. This is the Raptor forum :eek: And this is currently my luxury dirt and street car! Why can’t it not rival sound of other fine automobiles? ;)