Why does everyone hate the B&O stereo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
The sub is one of the few options I didn't choose, figured B&O stock would sound better. Has anyone installed the factory option sub afterwards? It's a behind the seat unit isn't it? We keep the back benches folded up most all of the time since we haul two Dogos around quite a bit and they need the space. An under the back seat unit wouldn't work out for me.
B&O should have a sub mounted behind the driver rear seat, no? Mine does.

Mariners Fan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my '19 and the sub was an option I passed on. I wish I'd gotten that instead of the ramps for the bed, they're about the same price.

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
911, you post so much on here, I can't imagine when you pick up your truck. Like a couple other guys, I was seriously confused by the B&O sound system by the BMW comparison. No where near as rich and the surround sound doesn't really do anything compared my last BMW which was a 2012. If I'm in the mood then blasting rap music or EDM is okay, I just feel like I have to turn it up too high to actually enjoy it and then it becomes annoying.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t all stock stereo systems basically suck regardless of vehicle? That’s the experience/expectation I have so I’m not really disappointed.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Don’t all stock stereo systems basically suck regardless of vehicle? That’s the experience/expectation I have so I’m not really disappointed.

well... You do make a credible point. I think it’s that some suck in different ways.
Underpowered.
strangely altered signal
poor mixing

The Rap has all of these symptoms.

Every car & truck I’ve had needed more bass and speakers have never been on par with even the least expensive aftermarket alternative.
The poor mixing is what really makes it sub par for me. As others have alluded to, if you don’t push the stereo hard or always have passengers, it will be fine stock. If you ever turn the volume up over half, or you actually listen to music for enjoyment, you’ll be underwhelmed.

My wife’s peasant car is way underpowered, but at least it cleanly reproduces sound.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well... You do make a credible point. I think it’s that some suck in different ways.
Underpowered.
strangely altered signal
poor mixing

The Rap has all of these symptoms.

Every car & truck I’ve had needed more bass and speakers have never been on par with even the least expensive aftermarket alternative.
The poor mixing is what really makes it sub par for me. As others have alluded to, if you don’t push the stereo hard or always have passengers, it will be fine stock. If you ever turn the volume up over half, or you actually listen to music for enjoyment, you’ll be underwhelmed.

My wife’s peasant car is way underpowered, but at least it cleanly reproduces sound.

Not sure as it is the first Caddy I've owned but the stereo in our 17" Escalade Platinum is the first car stereo that I'm perfectly happy with and would not do a thing to. It's a Bose. Very impressed.

IMG_0110.JPG IMG_0112.JPG

Yes, Maine may be fvcked up politically but God didn't spare the scenery up here! This is a big city park in Portland.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spent sometime in Camden when I was working on Star Wars ep7. Shout out to cappy’s bar.

Loved it up there but damn it’s an event to get there.

What part of the movie was shot in Camden?

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
None of it. JJ and his wife have a house and office there. All the storyboard and dailies / reshoots / reviews were done there when he was on vacation.

Cool. We go through Camden weekly. It's a beautiful place in all 4 seasons.