Why do I need my wheel wells line-x'ed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick9323

Reaction score
Maybe I missed this in my search, but it seems like everyone recommends getting their wheel wells line-x'ed but I am trying to justify why I need to this, especially since I live in San Diego and don't deal with a ton of salt from winter roads. TIA, just trying to learn.

ayoustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's really only needed if you're going to be doing a bunch of off road driving that slings sand and rocks around inside your wheel wells. If your truck is a street princess then there's nothing to be gained unless you don't like seeing the body color inside the wheel wells.

FWIW I opted for Husky wheel well liners. Makes spraying them clean a pretty quick job.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's just mainly wear and tear, eventually all the paint wears off and it looks fugly, it's a lot cleaner look to have them linex'd or add a liner. It's a cosmetic thing, even for a pavement princess. Not needed at all.

OP
OP
N

Nick9323

Reaction score
It's just mainly wear and tear, eventually all the paint wears off and it looks fugly, it's a lot cleaner look to have them linex'd or add a liner. It's a cosmetic thing, even for a pavement princess. Not needed at all.
Thanks guys. It definitely takes some abuse off road so I'll have to look into doing that shortly. Thanks!

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It definitely takes some abuse off road so I'll have to look into doing that shortly. Thanks!

I got mine done because my race red truck had what looked to be PINK wheels wells when I got it. The red overspray on the aluminum looked ridiculous. It was the first thing I did after I got it home.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Maybe I missed this in my search, but it seems like everyone recommends getting their wheel wells line-x'ed but I am trying to justify why I need to this, especially since I live in San Diego and don't deal with a ton of salt from winter roads. TIA, just trying to learn.

This is the best example for why you should LineX your wheel wells.
Before!
View media item 1339After!
View media item 1340