Why buy now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all the games Ford is playing with builds between 21 and 22 raptors (Quality holds as well), dealers collecting money when they don't ACTUALLY have any allocations, buyers not knowing dealers don't have 35 allocations, or 37 allocations, all of the ridiculous ADM that dealers charge, and the Quality issues that could arise from covid builds (transient workforce that is not sklled), or suppliers who are sub par backups (rushed).............. Why are people buying ANY vehicles right now? This is absolutely crazy to me. It seems like the worst time to buy anything, and it also has a very high risk of being problematic.

RaptorND

Reaction score
Few reasons. People may need cars, people want to enjoy things , people are trading in their cars for crazy money and offsetting adm’s. People have gotten msrp including myself. Specialty trucks like the raptor, msrp is not such a big deal since pre covid times it wasn’t a highly discounted vehicle. Hopefully any issues with with the first year run are fixed for 2022. There’s a warranty I’m not that worried. I do understand some of your points for some other brands. I looked at a Yukon and they deleted a lot of small options from the denali like 4 way lumbar and other small electronics. The raptor at least has been fine and I’m happy I had the option to delete auto start. If you want to wait that’s your choice

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Walk out into your garage and gaze at your Gen3, gently run your fingers along her fender flares, sit in her seats and let the leather wrap around you, Push the button let her purr, pull out of your drive and let her show you what she’s got as the exhaust screams the only way a Gen3 can……..then you will realize “why buy now”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aileron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Inflation is running at 7% per year and Ford is going to have to raise the MSRP.
2. Good time to finance because interest rates are still low - and might not be for long.
3. You will get more for your current vehicle by selling it now.
4. Life is short and you might as well do what you want now.

All the people putting themselves on waitlists to pay MSRP a year from now are going to get an unpleasant surprise when Ford hikes the MSRP by $6,500 and they discover the trade-in value for their current vehicle has dropped by another $5k because everyone already bought what they wanted in the past 12 months.

If I was buying a vehicle for work I would probably wait, but for the reasons above, I really don’t think buying a Raptor now cost me any meaningful amount more than it would to buy one in a year (even paying a small ADM). And I get to have fun with my new toy immediately.